Ads not shown when logged in
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: New pub visits 2016

Having checked the notes, looks like 57 new ones done in March, which puts me up to 173 for the year, of which 55 are Quinwars...
    "Breakneck speed we drown ten pints of bitter"

Just broken 150 after a trip to Marlow on Thursday (not much going on there!).

91 Quinnos bagged so far - looking good, and am a month ahead of schedule as I was hoping to be by now.

I can see Colliers Arms being a tough nut to crack...

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post

I can see Colliers Arms being a tough nut to crack...
    A man of you're means ?
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 02-04-2016 at 19:59.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

First quarter of the year has seen a total of 35 new pub visits.Not great ,but the pace should pick up
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    I had a great day out in Durham yesterday which netted me another 23 new pubs,i also did one in Newark on the way home so 24 new pubs brings my new pubs,this brings my new pubs done for the year up to 115.
    Another great day out yesterday in Bristol netted me another 23 new pubs,most in the Bishopstone and Horbury areas of the city,i even walked from Temple Meads station to the Inn on the Green,doing all pubs that i found open apart from one,the Venus and two others i went in and decided not to do.
    This brings my new pubs done for the year up to 138.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Another great day out yesterday in Bristol netted me another 23 new pubs,most in the Bishopstone and Horbury areas of the city,i even walked from Temple Meads station to the Inn on the Green,doing all pubs that i found open apart from one,the Venus and two others i went in and decided not to do.
    This brings my new pubs done for the year up to 138.
    I feel snubbed as Bishopston and Horfield is where I live.... Did 4 in Highworth yesterday and the 3 new Bristol city centre openings today now on 120.

Venus wouldn't have given you any satisfaction. Assume you did The Anchor and Royal Oak my two locals.

Which two did you decide not to do? Halo and Tinto?
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 03-04-2016 at 15:52.

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    I feel snubbed as Bishopston and Horfield is where I live.... Did 4 in Highworth yesterday and the 3 new Bristol city centre openings today now on 120.

Venus wouldn't have given you any satisfaction. Assume you did The Anchor and Royal Oak my two locals.

Which two did you decide not to do? Halo and Tinto?

I did all of the pubs you have listed the only reason i did not do Venus is because i was doing the crawl away from the city and wanted to end up at the top end and that bar would have taken me to 24 pubs.
    I did do a new pub not on Pubs Galore which crap pub have got their facts wrong yet again,do they go on the ground like i do in visiting any pubs.
    This is the pub in question Zazu's Kitchen they are two separate bars which i went in yesterday,but i decided not to to do Zazus Kitchen as it only had bottled beers,the place seemed friendly enough,the bar the crap pub thinks has change names is called Biblos on the Hill and is a few doors up the hill from Zazus,pretty sure crap pub dont walk round Bristol like i do.
    If you want to add Biblos on the Hill feel welcome it is in your home area,the other pub i walked out of was the Annex i could see no pumps on the bar and i did walk up to it,the only options was Guinness extra cold or Carling extra cold,seemed quite nice inside and was very busy,or did i not look properly for the five real ales that crap pub say are on the bar.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

This Space For Hire

I'm not adding Biblos as it used to be Zazu and Zazu was Demitries both are crap and the world has better things to do in life.

Re the Annexe there are about 7 pumps/casks behind the bar you really missed out in there ergo it's in the GBG.
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 03-04-2016 at 19:10.

38 new pubs.

I reckon 22 quinnos, but the page only shows 20 - it hasn't picked up Queens in Aldershot or Ring o Bells in Taunton

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    38 new pubs.

I reckon 22 quinnos, but the page only shows 20 - it hasn't picked up Queens in Aldershot or Ring o Bells in Taunton
    Queens - Top of the page! http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/stats/ch...no/2016/queen/

Dave's SQL is picking up Ring O Bells, the one in Taunton is Ring OF Bells - which I suggest is added if Dave can tweak the SQL and re-run...