Ads not shown when logged in
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favourite......

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    The name is certainly strong and complex, or did you mean the stout?
    I had a pint of GK 6.4% cant remember the name so it must have been good. I would have attempted another but had things to do.
    could it have been Strong Suffolk? A great beer, possibly the best one GK make.

Had two pints of the Evan Evans Imperial last night in The Baum and very good it was too.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Your favourite........

Bitter, lager, MILD, cider.
    Pub - the last one you would visit if the Grim Reaper allowed you a pint worth
    Pub town - where would you go for a crawl if he was generous and gave you a night's drinking

Bitter - There is something about Cornish beers. I could drink the Doom Bars and Tributes of this world all day long but if I have to opt for 1 beer I would probably go for Skinners Heligan Honey.

Lager - Used to drink the occasional short lived Fosters Amber. I only drink lager these days when there is little choice but on our occasional visit to Zero Degrees in Blackheath, the Black Lager occasionally gets thrown into the mix.

MILD - not a great fan of milds/porters/stouts but I do occasionally experiment with them. Had a Milk Street ZigZag Stout recently which went down quite well. Burton Bridge Damson Porter was another that sticks in the mind. Not milds but that's the best I can come up with.

Cider - I'm quite partial to a drop of the old apple juice but finding the real stuff is all too rare. Locally we get the occasional Biddendens cider which goes down well. I'm actually quite fond of the Marcle Hill cider that currently populate the bars at various 'Spoons.

Pub - It is very likely my last gasp will be in a pub somewhere and if I could choose, it would probably have to be the Blue Anchor at Helston clutching a pint of Spingo.

Crawl - If you walk into a pub in Derby and they have less than 10 guest ales it isn't worth bothering about.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Greetings to all those joining from another place, i remember all the names - sorry, have been tied up a lot this month with one thing and another, so not been on much

Mr A, what school did you goto in Brownhills - i am putting together a few talks on education history and school records, just thought i may have you in an admission/discharge book, although most only go back to the 1870s
    MILD:

Mr Soupy I attended St John's junior school, Walsall Wood. The education was so good only one of us passed the 11plus. The rest of us crawled off to Walsall Wood Sec. Mod. ( 1961 )I was there for just over a year when Beeching gave my old man the push and my next school was Bishops Castle High School, Shropshire. Must have been a culture shock for both sides.I was not popular with most teaching staff due to being a cocky b.....d and yet really struck a chord with others.My previous school was Chuckery Infants/ Juniors, Walsall. Out of 14 step gran kids so far 6 have degrees.the rest are to young. My father believed further education was for posh people. He also believed you only met trollops ( lovely old fashioned word) in pubs.I met my last Mrs and some grand ladies in pubs. Fat lot he knew. Education for the future? may take a degree as a mature student reading the conjugal practices of the tribes of Papuua, New Guinea. Cannot be to much to that.

I will see if we have anything, Mr A - i know we have a photo of WW Juniors in the 1920s - i think you are on it, as there is clearly a beer bottle next to one scruffy kid?????

Did anyone notice the other night - we had 10 members on at the same time - a recent record? and it shows how far Conrad and Dave have took the site in recent months - well done guys
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    Did anyone notice the other night - we had 10 members on at the same time - a recent record? and it shows how far Conrad and Dave have took the site in recent months - well done guys
    And with BITE having a fresh meltdown today, I think there may be a few more on the way!

Actually we had 12 on other night.. surely new record?
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

And to think, i lived to see it!
    MILD:

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Thanks,

More amazing is the fact that we pretty much have a constant 4 on during the day now, and not always the same ones.

All the work is being done by you lot! The little bits I do are proving that much enjoyable now we have such a vocal audience, although I am beginning to feel my major contributions might sadly be in the Sci-Fi knowledge