Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fullers Pubs - Loyalty Card Scheme

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Question Fullers Pubs - Loyalty Card Scheme

I wondered if anyone else has come across this. I found it at the Doric Arch Euston, which thankfully is one of the few Fullers pubs where they allow guest beers. I was told that a small number of Fullers pubs are running the same thing, not sure if it is restricted to London.

The deal is a buy 8 get one free which largely just brings the price down to what other pubs charge. You can only use the card in the pub that issues it and for some strange reason you have to declare the name of the beer on the card and you only get it stamped when you buy that beer. Thankfully the Doric Arch has as one of it’s regulars York’s Centurion’s Ghost which is one of my favourites. I’m well on my way to my second free pint which probably explains why I’ve not posted on the forums much this week, I think this is the first night I’ve got home sober.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Fullers are one of my least favourite, sorry to say Millay, so i dont think i will qualify!
    MILD:

Real Ale Drinker

Millay keep drinking it tastes better when it is free,and i cannot blame you going home not sober.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    Doric Arch Euston, which thankfully is one of the few Fullers pubs where they allow guest beers.

The deal is a buy 8 get one free which largely just brings the price down to what other pubs charge.
    I remember reading that my local brewery Ossett and Fullers had done a reciprocal beer arrangement. Has that dried up then? I still see Pride, ESB and HSB in my Ossett owned local.

If you're used to paying London prices, a trip to the north will see you drinking four pints and getting the fifth one free, card or no card!
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    I remember reading that my local brewery Ossett and Fullers had done a reciprocal beer arrangement. Has that dried up then? I still see Pride, ESB and HSB in my Ossett owned local.

If you're used to paying London prices, a trip to the north will see you drinking four pints and getting the fifth one free, card or no card!
    Or drink in a Sam Smiths pub in the north and it's buy one get one free!
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Or drink in a Sam Smiths pub in the north and it's buy one get one free!
    Yes! Even better (assuming you can (a) drink Sam's, (b) don't mind its ice cold temperature).
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Gales used to do something similar, from memory it was applicable to all Gales pubs, you had to get the card stamped in every pub, one stamp per pub, the more stamps the more prizes, which I have no idea now what they were

Not seen the Fuller's one here [ex Gales houses] which is a pity as HSB is the drink of choice round here, understandably.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilly-Miss View Post
    Millay keep drinking it tastes better when it is free,and i cannot blame you going home not sober.
    It does indeed taste better when it's free, I picked up my second free pint last night.

I asked about other pubs and was told that the scheme was available to all pubs but as the cost is paid for by the pub and not Fullers not many have taken the option up. With the Doric Arch being more of a drinkers pub that some of the mainstream Fullers outlets I guess they felt it was worth it. Certainly it was packed last night.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    I am just planning a Northern trip for March, although to the other side of the Pennines I'm afraid, Manchester. Hoping that Grailhuner may join me on the way back from Edinburgh where he's staying the previous week. Actually I might fly to Edinburgh myself for a couple of days and get the train down to Manchester. I feel another Blog coming on Does PG have a blog facility?

I did get a funny hat from O'Neils for drinking a load of Guiness and having my card stamped. Gave it to the gran kids to play with..it made me feel ill when ever looked at it. I thought the Govt were not in favour of drinking establishments doing this sort of thing in case it encourages drinking. Me , I'm all for it as long as they keep the prices realistic.