Ads not shown when logged in
Page 42 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: pubs galore bar

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Bit of an epic fail on the beer reordering front,so I will just have make do with Vocation Life & Death and Thornbridge Jaipur IPA,four kiddie cans of each for £9,a Tesco multibuy deal.

After a hot day toiling in the garden,a very decent pay off.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Isn't the Beer Nut based in Ireland?
    He is and he's a lawyer of some sort, probably explains why he's a pedantic gobshite. I usually avoid his blog; life has so many better experiences to offer.

Glad you're enjoying it.
    About a quarter into the case and the bottles are a bit variable, some are excellent, others taste too much of ginger and cinnamon; like a bad Christmas beer.

This Space For Hire

This beer has taken a bit of a pasting from Beer Nut on his blog today.

"I despair for anyone who considers this a good beer or somehow progress. I've had worse, for sure, but here's a deliberately poor and unfinished-tasting beer..."
    The Beernut doesn't seem to like NEIPA,s. I have read all his posts for about 10 years or more and he only seems to like about 10%of the beers he tries. I have commented on some I disagreed with years ago but his attitude is piss off its my opinion . Untapped (while not the best source of ratings )has it at 3.75 with 31,500 rates which tells me the Beernut is totally out of step with the drinking public.Let him stick to his lambics.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    He is and he's a lawyer of some sort, probably explains why he's a pedantic gobshite. I usually avoid his blog; life has so many better experiences to offer.
    Librarian I thought.

This Space For Hire

just posted some beers but I keep getting told I haven't signed in although I have.Must have lost hundreds of posts due to this.Cant be bothered repeating it tonight.enjoy

About a quarter into the case and the bottles are a bit variable, some are excellent, others taste too much of ginger and cinnamon; like a bad Christmas beer.
    I haven't had any like that. I've had one with an emphasis on elderberries, which was pretty good, if not exactly true to type.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    ...his attitude is piss off its my opinion.
    Yup. Sounds like a lawyer.

Now drinking Vocation -love and hate.As new England ipa ,s go this is as good as it gets.I love this style. What a great brewer.Drank loads from them and they just seem to nail it every time.
    9/10 would have ben 9.5/ 10 but cant score it although 19/20
    This beer has taken a bit of a pasting from Beer Nut on his blog today.

"I despair for anyone who considers this a good beer or somehow progress. I've had worse, for sure, but here's a deliberately poor and unfinished-tasting beer..."
    The Beernut doesn't seem to like NEIPA,s. I have read all his posts for about 10 years or more and he only seems to like about 10%of the beers he tries. I have commented on some I disagreed with years ago but his attitude is piss off its my opinion . Untapped (while not the best source of ratings )has it at 3.75 with 31,500 rates which tells me the Beernut is totally out of step with the drinking public.Let him stick to his lambics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Well I'm with John, Love & Hate is an excellent beer, definitely in my top 5 lockdown beers over the last couple of months, don't know what the nut is on about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Just about to kick off a Zoom quiz with a Vocation Love & Hate.If the blogger in question doesn't like it that's up to him,it's a personal taste thing.

Must be tough in the Republic of Ireland with so little real ale availability.
    ...he's a lawyer of some sort, probably explains why he's a pedantic gobshite. I usually avoid his blog; life has so many better experiences to offer.
    I'm going to have to look out for this beer! Had a look on Untappd just now, and the latest reviews are nearly all around 3.5-4.0, but one reviewer tipped it down the sink ("Disappointing can; ended up in the sink. Very acidic. ") and another gave it 1.5 with no comments.

It does look like the Beer Nut dislikes the characteristics of a NEIPA that are actually crucial to the style and which you aficionados rely on (a deliberately poor and unfinished-tasting beer?) but also he's got that reaction to certain hops that make them taste like onions (which I get sometimes) or in his case garlic (...the garlic dominates the aroma and there's a worrying heat in the nostrils too. Is this the style reverting to its usual naughty ways? Yes.). His review would be less provocative if he mentioned some NEIPAs that he liked, and said why, and how they differed from this one.

I'm glad this conversation didn't take place in a pub, because I could see a major ruckus breaking out!
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Big session on Thursday.Bought three Arbor beers in pint cans to swill.Surprisingly good
    Arbor -rocketman 7.5/10
    arbor -zero zero 7.5/10
    arbor -c bomb 7.75/10
    also had Arbor -café crème 7.75/10
    Last edited by london calling; 14-06-2020 at 21:36.