Ads not shown when logged in
Page 93 of 145 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast

Thread: Wetherspoon's news of the day

Default Ope and shut case.

It looks like the Captain Alexander near Liverpool's James Street Station will be the first new JDW of the year this May. No news on the Glasgow Central Station outlet but they could do a Barrel Vaults and open it really quickly. In Eire Carlow and the new Dublin hotel could come in summer or autumn and one at Diss in Norfolk is predicted for autumn.
    The lease expires on both the Kiddermisnter Penny Black and the Baron Of Hinckley in September. Either could close at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    As I suspected .Stella is still my first choice of lagers when attending events beyond my control wedding funerals etc
    If the guests are boring I go for a Hophouse 13 as the "free" drink with a JDW meal. To describe it as "craft" is laughable. I couldn't tell you if it's any good as I don't drink lager. I assume it's brewed at the EU Dublin chemical works so is it for the chop along with Guinness? Presumably they will close their five EU outlets and the two currently being built.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    If the guests are boring I go for a Hophouse 13.
    It mings to me but I guess that's because it tastes a bit craft beer like that just has lager in it's name. I guess I just like normal lager and none of this reinventing the wheel with crap tasting lager with high price tag....

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    high price tag....
    That's another reason I choose it as the "free" JDW drink.

Just Missed the Round Brainypool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    It looks like the Captain Alexander near Liverpool's James Street Station will be the first new JDW of the year this May. No news on the Glasgow Central Station outlet but they could do a Barrel Vaults and open it really quickly. In Eire Carlow and the new Dublin hotel could come in summer or autumn and one at Diss in Norfolk is predicted for autumn.
    The lease expires on both the Kiddermisnter Penny Black and the Baron Of Hinckley in September. Either could close at any time.
    Another one in Liverpool city centre then, I’m sure it will do well. But I am surprised that they still haven’t opened up on the waterfront, which is crying out for a decent pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainypool View Post
    Another one in Liverpool city centre then, I’m sure it will do well. But I am surprised that they still haven’t opened up on the waterfront, which is crying out for a decent pub.
    Maybe the property prices are too high. There doesn't seem to be anything else lined up for Merseyside.

This Space For Hire

Well putting a JDW there will hardly improve matters, it would surely just be a slightly cheaper version of the Pumphouse

Just Missed the Round Brainypool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Well putting a JDW there will hardly improve matters, it would surely just be a slightly cheaper version of the Pumphouse
    If anything, just the competition will improve matters. I’m fed up of the Pumphouse and its awful service!

If anything, just the competition will improve matters. I’m fed up of the Pumphouse and its awful service!
    Baltic Fleet anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Baltic Fleet anyone?
    That's the only one I've heard of in the area. I've not been to it.
    I think when I went to that area years ago it was all docks and we would only have visited any Higson's pubs there.