Ads not shown when logged in
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: PuG Summer meet 2013 (Anybody for... Leeds?) (or maybe Reading)

To throw this in now, it might be a good idea on Saturday to try and firm up the next couple of meet-up venues to avoid long, drawn out sagas (like this one was!).

I believe that we'll be equal on the North/South splits after Saturday, as all the other venues have been fairly central.

Some suggestions thrown around at various points were Leeds (North), Bath (South), Shrewsbury (centralish...)

Let's see where the beer takes us...

DEAR ALL - PLEASE NOTE I HAVE CHANGED THE START POINT - it'll be the Three Guineas.

Itinerary here:

http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showt...ll=1#post54649

Easier for everyone and quicker (as I now know) for the Caversham bus.

Massive apologies for the short notice.
    Last edited by Quinno; 11-07-2013 at 14:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    To throw this in now, it might be a good idea on Saturday to try and firm up the next couple of meet-up venues to avoid long, drawn out sagas (like this one was!).

I believe that we'll be equal on the North/South splits after Saturday, as all the other venues have been fairly central.

Some suggestions thrown around at various points were Leeds (North), Bath (South), Shrewsbury (centralish...)

For the south I would emphatically say NO to Bristol (beer quality and bad landlord/staff attitude) and Bath (10 pints of Butcombe/Otter/6X/Bellringer____ insert "AN OTHER" boring brown beer). For the centralish it has to be Worcester- great quality/friendly pubs who want your money/ diversity with the old, new etc.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Looks like it may be a tad on the warm side on Saturday , may have to scare the good people of Reading with my gloss white legs
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Is this fair? A number of people will not be attending on Saturday for one reason or another. One of them being: it's in the south!

I quite enjoyed the "long drawn out saga", anyway.
    Come On You Hatters!

Norwich ?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Is this fair? A number of people will not be attending on Saturday for one reason or another. One of them being: it's in the south!
    All the best for rigging it!

Seriously though, I was thinking more along the lines of at least agreeing the general geography of the next one or two, and *maybe* then throwing a couple a couple of suggestions in for each one.

At least it'll make things a bit simpler than the READING! LEEDS! BATH! shenanigans of trying to agree this one...

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

I aim for noon with a couple of non-PGers, if that's allowed, I know, I know..., but probably have one in Allied rather than an hour in Guineas.
    Cricket-wise (if it lasts til tmw!) where might we pick up a bit of (Sky) background on the circuit?

Still not quite sure when I'll arrive but I'll try to join in with the spoons breakfast brigade.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    Looks like it may be a tad on the warm side on Saturday , may have to scare the good people of Reading with my gloss white legs
    I shall be showing off my white legs too. At least the trains shouldn't be suffering from snow this time - although at what point do the tracks start getting too hot I wonder....

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Cricket-wise (if it lasts til tmw!) where might we pick up a bit of (Sky) background on the circuit?
    Yeah I'd been wondering the same earlier in the week. Somehow I'm struggling to see it go beyond lunch tomorrow so I'm banking on the Guineas where it seems likely they'll have it.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    I aim for noon with a couple of non-PGers, if that's allowed, I know, I know..., but probably have one in Allied rather than an hour in Guineas.
    It's an hour in the Guineas due to the staggered arrival times and because the Caversham bus stop is 2 mins away. We all need to be in the same place to get the bus but of course the early arrivals can go off and explore if they wish!

Cricket - likely to be on at all of the first three pubs.