Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Off Licences

Default Off Licences

I've noticed that two off licences have been added to the site in the last year Cotteridge Wines and the Northern Beer Temple. I know of Cotteridge Wines as it has a connection with Brodies. and it is definitely an off licence. The Northern Beer Temple has been marked as a micropub but looking at What Pub it clearly isn't as there are no drinks served for consumption on the premises. Is the site now including off licences as well as all the chain restaurants, cocktail bars and night clubs etc etc? If it is I'll add the two convenience stores at the top of my road along with all the major supermarket branches. Actually I won't be doing that as I've got better things to do, but it does emphasise the point.

This Space For Hire

Well there's a couple of old boys like to sit outside our local Tescos enjoying a tin or nine of Electric Soup if the weather's nice. Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I've noticed that two off licences have been added to the site in the last year Cotteridge Wines and the Northern Beer Temple. I know of Cotteridge Wines as it has a connection with Brodies. and it is definitely an off licence. The Northern Beer Temple has been marked as a micropub but looking at What Pub it clearly isn't as there are no drinks served for consumption on the premises. Is the site now including off licences as well as all the chain restaurants, cocktail bars and night clubs etc etc? If it is I'll add the two convenience stores at the top of my road along with all the major supermarket branches. Actually I won't be doing that as I've got better things to do, but it does emphasise the point.
    Don't know about the Northern Beer Temple, but Cotteridge Wines has a tap room for on-sales (despite what What?ub says) and this is why I added it to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Don't know about the Northern Beer Temple, but Cotteridge Wines has a tap room for on-sales (despite what What?ub says) and this is why I added it to the site.
    That's fine then!

Comments on Facebook suggest that Northern Beer Temple has a tasting room at the rear.

WhatPub could well be wrong again!
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

This Space For Hire

They are now called Bottle Shops rather than Offies.

This Space For Hire

Offies oops sorry bottle shops are popping up all over London but not all have a licence to drink on premises.There is one in Kingston called 5000 Beers (they only have about a 100 who can only sell you 100mm tasters 4 for £4.50 but have heard that they are now selling larger measures if you buy a plate of cheese.I have not added it to this site.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    They are now called Bottle Shops rather than Offies.
    Is that another American import? Ggggrrrrrrrr!!!!

This Space For Hire

Is that another American import? Ggggrrrrrrrr!!!!
    More likely Australian. Tends to be "liquor store" in the US.

This Space For Hire

Cotteridge Wines didn't have a tap room when I used to buy beer underage from there years ago.