Ads not shown when logged in
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: The Worst Day Of The Year For Pub Regulars

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Paddy's day back to back with Mother's day. Pity the poor bar staff: no time to recover from a night of kids overdosing on black beer, running around screaming and shouting and throwing up before embarking on a lunchtime of kids overdosing on blackcurrant, running around screaming and shouting and throwing up.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Mothering Sunday, have to agree

My "new" local [old one is to be a Tesco] told me they had 270 "covers" yesterday. Luckily I was there before noon and had escaped before the noon day gun
    I drink to make others more interesting

This Space For Hire

Here we go again. Hallowe'en is creeping up on Paddy's Day for irritatingness. Our local chain pub is decked out with bits of old net curtain made out to be cobwebs and the poor bar staff have been told to look even more horrific than George Osborne. Being half-term it will be full of pissed sixth-formers and all the regulars will go home early.

One pub I' have been in this weekend just gone had two little scrotes coming in begging for money before they were seen off. However in that time they must have amassed a few quid. Why anyone is stupid enough to cough up is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    One pub I' have been in this weekend just gone had two little scrotes coming in begging for money before they were seen off. However in that time they must have amassed a few quid. Why anyone is stupid enough to cough up is beyond me.
    I would like to know why the stupid Halloween has completely replaced the Bonfire Night celebration from my childhood.
    I suspect the loathsome USA is to blame. As a child Halloween wasn't even in my radar.

Bonfire Night is a celebration of the failure of the Gunpowder Plot, so is almost certainly politically inspired by the Protestants in charge at the time. Is it a political correctness issue? Anyone who has been to the Lewes bonfire celebration will get what I'm saying.

I believe that the 31st of October is a Pagan / Occult date as is the 30th of April. Why have we allowed in a Christian country (and I'm in no way a believer) this rubbish from the USA to dominate our media and retail outlets?

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I believe that the 31st of October is a Pagan / Occult date as is the 30th of April. Why have we allowed in a Christian country (and I'm in no way a believer) this rubbish from the USA to dominate our media and retail outlets?
    Sadly ££££££££ $$$$$$$$$.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

"adults drop-off gangs of children in the Mathew St area of the city"
    http://www.clickliverpool.com/news/l...pool-pubs.html
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Was that the Sally Army?

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I would like to know why the stupid Halloween has completely replaced the Bonfire Night celebration from my childhood.
    I suspect the loathsome USA is to blame. As a child Halloween wasn't even in my radar.
    I agree with you on that,i car'nt stand halloween because of where it has come from,i also think the PC brigade now call Bonfire night fireworks night probably because lighting bonfires is now classed as dangerous.

On another note about the PC lot i laughed when watching BBCs the One Show,they were wearing safety glasses while trying to burst balloons with a whip.

This Space For Hire

Three full weeks of once a year drinkers coming up. Anyone betting on spotting the first train/tube/tram puker of the season? I reckon odds-on for a sighting by middle of next week.