Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favourite......

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    And to think, i lived to see it!
    You led Soupy , we followed

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    although I am beginning to feel my major contributions might sadly be in the Sci-Fi knowledge
    Well, it certainly aint the beer bit
    MILD:

Er.. Conrad, I guess you have missed my comment. Is 12 new record for this forum?
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    Er.. Conrad, I guess you have missed my comment. Is 12 new record for this forum?
    Currently 18 and I'm off to the pub in a moment, and some of you will disappear to the footie at 8 o/c, but the record is still 173 isn't it?

UPDATE 19 now, I see Nick Davies has just joined us from the sinking ship, can Gill 1/2 and John Bonser be far behind?
    Last edited by oldboots; 20-01-2010 at 19:26.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Sorry, thought it was rhetorical. But to the best of my observation, yes.

Have to admit these days that number has kind of dimmed a little (although 12 is very good), more interested by seeing the variety of members on there and how often it is showing 5+. It is really good stuff and hopefully we can keep enjoying it. Nick Davies has now joined and was browsing for about 30 minutes earlier, so we may have another refugee posting soon.

And Soup I just wish I had a snappy comeback, but sadly you are correct Still I will be happy to put in more work on that subject.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Currently 18 and I'm off to the pub in a moment, and some of you will disappear to the footie at 8 o/c, but the record is still 173 isn't it?

UPDATE 19 now, I see Nick Davies has just joined us from the sinking ship, can Gill 1/2 and John Bonser be far behind?
    I think we only count the members portion as the guests are mostly search engines, we had 30+ on the other morning as a Chinese search engine went a bit berserk on the site. Amused me as I went and searched for Pubs Galore on their site afterwards for the heck of it and they didn't have any pub sites listed, I guess the Chinese government isn't a fan/

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Hi all just moved a lot of posts to a new BITE thread. Basically this is a sticky thread and those posts were a little off track for it, also if I am honest I would rather that once the subject is done it can drop down the forum rather than being stuck. You may want to subscribe to that new thread if you use the subscription system.

Hi all,

just joined the forums here, and thought I'd better present my biases right up front in this thread. My favourites are always changing but there are a few old standbys.

Ale - Purple Moose Snowdonia (I could not believe it was 3.6%), Milton Sparta. I really tend to favour hoppy golden ales. For bitter bitters, perhaps Harveys Sussex Best.

Lager - can I cheat and say I prefer a cold pilsener on a hot day vs lager? Or something like Sierra Nevada (it's fizzy, at least). I will drink a continental lager now and then (especially in one of those many music venues where there are no real options) but I don't have a favourite.

Mild and other dark stuff - Not really my thing, though I tend to favour those that are more subtly flavoured. I do make room for imperial stouts, though. And I'm very happy to join in drinking Mrs dpv's favourite beer, Pannepot.

Cider and perry - I like them extremely dry, but don't drink enough to have a real favourite. I still have the american tendency to think of "cider" as the unfiltered, unpasteurised, unsweetened (and nonalcoholic) apple juice, and "hard cider" as the fermented version.

Across the channel - La Chouffe is my favourite beer of all (though it has dropped somewhat in recent years), I also enjoy an unfiltered Palm, and generally speaking I find a night on the Belgians is a good night.

Pub - If I was only allowed ONE pub before I croak, this is a really tough one. Perhaps the Kulminator in Antwerp, working my way through the aged beers, have had a couple of really great nights there. But I think the Man of Kent in Rochester would get my vote. I've only been there three times (all in one long weekend, actually.... meant to be more of a rail crawl but had to come back instead) but absolutely top in so many ways. My one visit to the elm tree in Cambridge was also great, but I don't want to select my "death pub" on the basis of just one visit, in case my previous experience is atypical.

Pub town - I am really terrible with crawls. As soon as I find myself in a good pub I don't want to move on!

Hi dpv!

Welcome to PG forum! It is always nice to meet international forumer like you.

Cider and perry - I like them extremely dry, but don't drink enough to have a real favourite. I still have the American tendency to think of "cider" as the unfiltered, unpasteurised, unsweetened (and nonalcoholic) apple juice, and "hard cider" as the fermented version.

Haha.. I know what do you mean, had ex girlfriend hails from Maryland. We constantly argued over British/American phases! I say Pavement, she say Sidewalk. Lift/ Elevator. Football/Soccer. Mobile/Cellphone. I could go on...

Anyway I hope you enjoy your time on PG forum! Looking foward to it

Hoppy
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

had ex girlfriend hails from Maryland. We constantly argued over British/American phases!

Well, until she said 'Naaah Hoppy, you dont understand, when i said i'm from Maryland, i mean't that i work in the factory that makes the cookies
    MILD: