Ads not shown when logged in
Page 61 of 66 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Pub annoyances #834

2nd jab today, with a hearty 15 mile walk and a pub (or two) on the way home...

This Space For Hire

No real annoyances from a crawl around Urmston and Irlam over the weekend, apart from slow service in the Tim Bobbin Wetherspoons. But we did agree at the outset that the plandemic was not to be talked about as otherwise that would have been an annoyance! People want to move on.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Didn't stop me lifting a couple of pints or three after.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    2nd jab today, with a hearty 15 mile walk and a pub (or two) on the way home...
    Had a very hearty 22.3-mile walk last night and the slight soreness in my right arm didn't stop me raising a few bottles of ELB's Pale which I'd bought purely for medicinal purposes. The only real problem is that in drinking from the bottle, you get a lot of froth from all the repeated inversions.

I only had jab #1 three weeks back (and got knocked sideways by it as well), so I doubt I'll be fully-done until the end of July at the very earliest.

Youngsters!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    I only had jab #1 three weeks back (and got knocked sideways by it as well), so I doubt I'll be fully-done until the end of July at the very earliest.

Youngsters!
    No effects for me after both jabs. I gather it seems that - ahem - younger people get worse side effects as they have better immune systems, hence a stronger reaction. Did you have the Pfffizzer shot or OU/AZ? Mine were OU/AZ. I also gather that side effects for Pfffizzer are worse for shot one than two but that it's the other way round for OU/AZ. I had an original gap of 11 not 12 weeks between #1 and #2 but then the Government gave #2 a boost hence I got #2 after just 10 weeks, so if you get a similar pattern, you should be done in another seven weeks, so mid-July perhaps, but it takes another two weeks to become fully flame retardant.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    I also gather that side effects for Pfffizzer are worse for shot one than two but that it's the other way round for OU/AZ.
    I think it's horses for courses: my mum, aunt-in-law and 'er indoors all had Pfizer and felt worse after jab 2. I had AZ #2 this afternoon. No effect #1, we'll see what tomorrow brings. But my brother felt AZ#2 was worse.

2 x Pfizers and no ill effects whatsoever save for a sore arm.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

All down here after the vax then? (sorry, couldn't resist)
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    I think it's horses for courses: my mum, aunt-in-law and 'er indoors all had Pfizer and felt worse after jab 2. I had AZ #2 this afternoon. No effect #1, we'll see what tomorrow brings. But my brother felt AZ#2 was worse.
    My second AZ last Sunday and nothing for either. But a friend (52) felt nothing after her first Pfizer, but after her second a few days ago, was taken to St. Mary's Hospital to have fluid drained from her lungs before being taken to the haematology ward at Hammersmith hospital with haemolysis (had to look that one up) where she is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    A pre-jab drink here. 'Arms' has been removed, but you get the pun.