Ads not shown when logged in
Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: How much?

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Like the pub but the last couple of times I've been there I was the only customer, maybe the wrong times of day.
    No customers at 4.30 pm

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I saw your review of the Ledger Building. You're absolutely right about the "freshly made" pizzas. They are only freshly made in that they are constructed from a base like you might buy in Tesco. I've also noticed that they are all the same price in most JDWs, despite the fact that the food clubs prices might vary considerably. This is a sure sign that they are a rip-off in outlets where for example the Steak Club is under eight quid.
    The E17 Rose and Crown used to have a pizza bloke outside on some nights and I had one of his efforts for a tenner which was delicious. He's gone to Cornwall (I think) but it was definitely freshly made as I saw him messing around with a limp of dough while I was ordering.
    Central London JDWs are off limits for me unless it's morning unlimited coffee!
    Sat outside the Rose and Crown watching the guy making the pizza.Fascinating,he rolled them over the edge of his table and let gravity shape them.Did a roaring trade as well.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    No customers at 4.30 pm
    Only opens at 4.00 pm in the week I think.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

The JDW Burns Night offering includes a "free" pint of Punk IPA with the haggis option. The Haggis Neeps & Tatties I had tonight had a really stingy amount of Haggis but the Smash and the microwaved mashed swede were OK. It cost £7.45. I wonder how much a pint of draught Punk IPA is in a Brewdog outlet.

I wonder how much a pint of draught Punk IPA is in a Brewdog outlet.
    Around about a fiver.
    -W.C.Fields

Around about a fiver.
    I think it's £3.49 in most JDWs although I'm not sure. I may visit my first Brewdog bar this year and hopefully my last. It's in Perth.

I think it's £3.49 in most JDWs although I'm not sure. I may visit my first Brewdog bar this year and hopefully my last. It's in Perth.
    Dare I ask why?
    -W.C.Fields

Dare I ask why?
    I've got a few days in Glasgow lined up for May. I've an old friend who lives in Perth and their aren't many worthwhile places to go. He gets 10% discount in Brewdog bars. He's completely boycotting JDWs as well so that's one less option in Perth!

This Space For Hire

Like the pub but the last couple of times I've been there I was the only customer, maybe the wrong times of day.
    Yeah. It is strange. It's one of my favourite pubs, popular with my male and female mates and a must-visit if on an N1 crawl IMHO, but it can be painfully - worryingly - low on customers. We were the last drinkers and the barman called time around 10.30. Perhaps all the younger drinkers prefer the banging cocktail joints along Upper Street.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Yeah. It is strange. It's one of my favourite pubs, popular with my male and female mates and a must-visit if on an N1 crawl IMHO, but it can be painfully - worryingly - low on customers. We were the last drinkers and the barman called time around 10.30. Perhaps all the younger drinkers prefer the banging cocktail joints along Upper Street.
    Banging Cocktail Joints Galore for the younger crowd?