Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Woman's quest to drink in every Red Lion pub in the country (Morning Advertiser story

Default Woman's quest to drink in every Red Lion pub in the country (Morning Advertiser story

http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/G...aign=copyright

Hi all,

I saw this on the Morning Advertiser Facebook page today. It's the kind of quirky story that amused me. How many Red Lions are on PG?

The woman has done 433 and thinks she has about 180 to go so I make it 613 Red Lion pubs on her crawl. She would like to know if there are any she may have missed but the article doesn't list which one she has been to. Maybe we could assist?
    Waes hael!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ven View Post
    http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/G...aign=copyright

Hi all,

I saw this on the Morning Advertiser Facebook page today. It's the kind of quirky story that amused me. How many Red Lions are on PG?

The woman has done 433 and thinks she has about 180 to go so I make it 613 Red Lion pubs on her crawl. She would like to know if there are any she may have missed but the article doesn't list which one she has been to. Maybe we could assist?
    Another site (Camra's WhatPub) lists 695 with 'Red Lion' somewhere in the name.

I'm sure that this site would locate more, but the list of results stops at 250 so perhaps Dave can give the total?

Oddly enough I actually got in touch with Cathy last year and created a list of Red Lions for her to check.

She did send me back a list of ones she had found that were actually closed, which I'm ashamed to admit I've still not got round to checking. Sadly I don't have the list of ones she has done to tick off on here.

Looks like we have 673 open ones listed here, so actually slightly less than WhatPub.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    so actually slightly less than WhatPub.
    And the reason for that is that WhatPub also searches on former pub names, try a search for 'red lion paddlesworth' on there and you'll see what I mean.

This Space For Hire

Oddly enough when I went to The Red Lion on 17/03/13 she had recently visited, as the landlord/chef/landlords other half at the time, told me when I was chatting to him about my quest. Her's seems more of a quirky nationwide quest than my large radius area so guess that was more kudos in the conversation for his famous visitor rather than some random bloke turning up at 12 when he was opening the doors.

My ultimate quest would be every pub on full length of the A38, considering I grew up just off it in Birmingham and have lived just off it in Bristol for many years. Haven't started to count them yet...
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 07-05-2014 at 23:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Oddly enough I actually got in touch with Cathy last year and created a list of Red Lions for her to check.

She did send me back a list of ones she had found that were actually closed, which I'm ashamed to admit I've still not got round to checking. Sadly I don't have the list of ones she has done to tick off on here.

Looks like we have 673 open ones listed here, so actually slightly less than WhatPub.
    There is a slight fly in the ointment here in that "The Red Lion" in parts of Wales has been changed to "Y Llew Coch". The one in Dinas Mawddwy has Red Lion in brackets after the name but the one in Machynlleth does not.

The best Red Lion I've ever been to is on Romney Marsh at Snargate.

This Space For Hire

I only added these 2 The Red Lion The Red Lion recently so wonder if she's been to these with the previous list provided....
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 07-05-2014 at 23:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post

The best Red Lion I've ever been to is on Romney Marsh at Snargate.
    Yes!
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

I'll stay on me own

I read about that on a blog recently,when i read she had done 433 Red Lions i thought i would see how many Red Lions i have done,i have only done 143 Red Lions which made me realise how well she is doing

She must be a pub lover to do this,it must be hard going to a new town and finding a crap Red Lion when there is a better pub across the road.