Ads not shown when logged in
Page 99 of 238 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet another list

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    A slightly sadder list, http://spitalfieldslife.com/2018/11/...-pubs-crawl-o/ , I've been in the re- opened Well and Bucket a few times, and I've been in The Black Bull Whitechapel , but that's about it from memory.
    Interesting historical list but I can only recall drinking in The Black Bull,and more recently in the reopened Crown & Shuttle and Well & Bucket.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Default 21 of the Best Leeds Bars for Beer.

Something north of the M25, for a change. I've managed 17 and two of the four I haven't (Preston & The Assembly) are well and truly in the 'burbs. Two more bars have opened since the article was written (Craft Asylum #2, North Brewing Co Tap) and a third imminent (Assembly Underground). The local scene looks quite buoyant.

https://leeds-list.com/food-and-drin...beer-drinkers/
    Last edited by aleandhearty; 27-11-2018 at 16:06.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Something north of the M25, for a change. O

16 for me, surprised none it the up & coming hotspot of Meanwood on the list. A few central ones I need to try out.

Something north of the M25, for a change. I've managed 17 and two of the four I haven't (Preston & The Assembly) are well and truly in the 'burbs. Two more bars have opened since the article was written (Craft Asylum #2, North Brewing Co Tap) and a third imminent (Assembly Underground). The local scene looks quite buoyant.

What a rubbish list, why don't they include the name of the venue in the heading? I gave up after Whitelocks which I think was owned by S & N when I went there. It's probably the only one given that the centre of Leeds is on my AVOID list.

Not surprisingly none, Leeds is still on the to do list.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

I would cross it off if I were you!

None for me:not surprising, really, as I haven't been in Leeds since about 1976,when I drank a beer from the pioneering but elusive Selby Brewery in a drinking barn by the station called-I think-Brahms 'n' Liszt.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

I've been to 9 and have enjoyed some really great ale in Leeds over the years.

That list has given me some new ideas,and I'm sure the scene will only get better before my next visit.
    Last edited by Bucking Fastard; 28-11-2018 at 11:29. Reason: Craft Asylum name change threw me !
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I would cross it off if I were you!
    Bah humbug.
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 28-11-2018 at 11:17. Reason: Predictive text
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    ...surprised none in the up & coming hotspot of Meanwood on the list.
    Thinking about it, that's a very good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    What a rubbish list, why don't they include the name of the venue in the heading? I gave up after Whitelocks which I think was owned by S & N when I went there. It's probably the only one given that the centre of Leeds is on my AVOID list.

The names are included at the bottom of the text! I know you don't like large city centres and we both agree that Leeds is quite expensive, but there are some cracking pubs and bars where beer quality is second to none. Its not really fair to totally dismiss the place.

If you ever make it and want a tour guide, I'd be very happy to show you around.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    None for me:not surprising, really, as I haven't been in Leeds since about 1976,when I drank a beer from the pioneering but elusive Selby Brewery in a drinking barn by the station called-I think-Brahms 'n' Liszt.

Ooh, the Brahms & Liszt. That's a trip down memory lane. Its opening caused quite a stir at the time. I think several Leeds United players had a stake in the place
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.