Ads not shown when logged in
Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappearing and 'in peril' breweries

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    No idea what happened to the brewery but I had an enjoyable pint of Love not War in the Crown & Shuttle on Friday night.
    I saw that which is why I asked. The GBG lists it as one that had ceased trading. You used to see their beers in East London Spoons but I think JDW knocked it on the head when the controversy over one of the brewery founders unfolded.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I saw that which is why I asked. The GBG lists it as one that had ceased trading. You used to see their beers in East London Spoons but I think JDW knocked it on the head when the controversy over one of the brewery founders unfolded.
    The Brewery Tap in the railway arches is still operating and the website seems up to date.I noticed different artwork on the pump clip design,so maybe there is an attempt to rebrand and distance themselves from past issues.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    The Brewery Tap in the railway arches is still operating and the website seems up to date.I noticed different artwork on the pump clip design,so maybe there is an attempt to rebrand and distance themselves from past issues.
    That's what I found and reached a similar conclusion.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I thought London Fields had closed down. Does anyone know what the story is there?
    They don't brew in London but the brewery tap is open for functions.They are still a company but the director is the former owners father.Their beers have been brewed and I assume still are at Tom Woods brewery Lincolnshire.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    They don't brew in London but the brewery tap is open for functions.They are still a company but the director is the former owners father.Their beers have been brewed and I assume still are at Tom Woods brewery Lincolnshire.
    Bit of a shame really, I thought they were a half decent brewery.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Thanks for the clarification. By coincidence I was in the Tom Wood's Yarborough Hunt last Tuesday!
    I too got along with the London Fields beers.

This Space For Hire

I have seen their beers around a lot and while the company has had a lot of bad press their beers were pretty decent.

"We’ve signed a far-reaching investment deal with the UK’s largest independent drinks company"
    http://www.hawksheadbrewery.co.uk/news.aspx

http://offlicencenews.co.uk/news/ful...wery_deal.html
    Last edited by hondo; 02-03-2017 at 13:53.
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

This Space For Hire

Another couple of breweries closed are RCH (somerset)who were a decent brewery closed 2 weeks ago and Cottage (somerset)who closed 3 weeks ago and were not a decent brewey.Also heard Otley (wales)are in trouble. The shake out continues.

Another couple of breweries closed are RCH (somerset)who were a decent brewery closed 2 weeks ago and Cottage (somerset)who closed 3 weeks ago and were not a decent brewey.Also heard Otley (wales)are in trouble. The shake out continues.
    These are both breweries that have been around for decades and I agree with your assessment of them. I'm guessing that the newer breweries are more in vogue at the moment. Breweries in Wales have come and gone regularly over the years. How does Yorkshire get away with having so many?