Ads not shown when logged in
Page 26 of 59 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Chatter

only just hopwas is a place
    found this
    http://www.tamworth-heritage-pubs.co.uk/index.html
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Thanks Conrad.I will post pub reviews on here regularly from now on and will have a word with a few mates who also share my beer and boating interests and get them to contribute as well.From early impressions this does seem a real community site and I hope it works financially as well.Here's hoping that you will soon get to the first page on Google organic searches.
    If the user name is too much ,let me know and I will change it.

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    only just hopwas is a place
    found this
    http://www.tamworth-heritage-pubs.co.uk/index.html

I actually worked on that website with friend and others of mine many years ago. We no longer update it but decided to leave it on for people to have a look at our pubs in Tamworth.

If you see picture of extreme bottom left corner, you will see a woman pulling a pint.. she is close friend of me and former landlady of The Albert.

Thanks for bringing it up.. I completely forgotten it!

Oh Hopwas is a Villiage in Lichfield District (Not belong to Tamworth as many people thought)

Hoppy
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Hoppy ,.You can imagine that trying to persuade a thirsty crew that it is worth walking a long way into Tamworth for a decent pint requires good information on the intended target.However after a visit to The Anchor ,I didnt have to persuade too much .
    Last edited by Bucking Fastard; 04-02-2010 at 12:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Yup thats it .You can imagine that trying to persuade a thirsty crew that it is worth walking a long way for a decent pint requires good information on the intended target.However after a visit to The Anchor ,I didnt have to persuade too much .
    I salute you!

Once Me and my friends did pub crawl from west Derby to east Derby (Around 15 miles) in 8 hours.

Our legs were pretty much knackered!

Recently I did pub crawl from Sutton Coldfield to Erdington (around 8 miles) in 6 hours. (See thread: http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showt...-pub-crawl-(P1))

I love long pub crawls and good way to slim my beer belly
    Last edited by hopwas; 04-02-2010 at 12:15. Reason: English error
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post

I actually worked on that website with friend and others of mine many years ago. We no longer update it but decided to leave it on for people to have a look at our pubs in Tamworth.

If you see picture of extreme bottom left corner, you will see a woman pulling a pint.. she is close friend of me and former landlady of The Albert.

Thanks for bringing it up.. I completely forgotten it!

Oh Hopwas is a Villiage in Lichfield District (Not belong to Tamworth as many people thought)

Hoppy
    Six degrees of separation
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Thanks Conrad.I will post pub reviews on here regularly from now on and will have a word with a few mates who also share my beer and boating interests and get them to contribute as well.From early impressions this does seem a real community site and I hope it works financially as well.Here's hoping that you will soon get to the first page on Google organic searches.
    If the user name is too much ,let me know and I will change it.
    Thanks we appreciate all promotion .

Dave is snowed under at the moment but is part way through preparing a post about Google so that we share our understanding of what is going on, broadly speaking though if anyone wants to give us links that helps and definitely all the new reviews that people are doing and the fact that we have such a good cross-section of the country represented will only help us.

The site is currently not working financially . But that is partly our fault, we really need to start offering the pubs some benefits so that we can ask them to help us in running the site. We are big believers that if you have a solid community you can make money through various methods, and just in case anyone is wondering there is no plans to flood the site with ads, certainly not pop-under/overs. We try to be as transparent as possible though so if anyone ever wants any answers on any of those aspects feel free to ask, the worst we will do is just suggest we don't want to answer the question.

User name is fine, if it wasn't spoonerised I would reject it, but otherwise your contributions should be what you are judged on

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Whilst I am in flow as well, we wont be setting up a private forum for post counts, that just prohibits new blood. No problem with private zones, but the qualifier should make sense.
    Sorry Cornrad if this has been covered already as I am backreading some of these threads since joining.
    For me this is a key point that I am in agreement with. I gave up on the BITE forums when the admin put the protected forum out of the reach or any late comers and then only posted key site information on the protected forum.

I even had the experience of the admin slapping a BITE God for exposing protected forum information to the unworthy, which I took as quality behavior...

Therefore fully supportive of your views...
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    Sorry Cornrad if this has been covered already as I am backreading some of these threads since joining.
    For me this is a key point that I am in agreement with. I gave up on the BITE forums when the admin put the protected forum out of the reach or any late comers and then only posted key site information on the protected forum.

I even had the experience of the admin slapping a BITE God for exposing protected forum information to the unworthy, which I took as quality behavior...

It is easy to be wise after the event, so this isn't a dig at any who agreed with it. But I do think a forum should be alive and welcome newcomers, people will leave forums for various reasons, and sometimes you just run out of things to chat about - so you do need new blood constantly coming in to keep things alive and interesting. A goalpost based private community like that, particularly one that was a moving target is always just on a hiding to stagnate for me and where it was so unachievable to get in it will just irritate new comers.

Going forward if we can get publicans more involved in the site I would like to give them a private corner to chat in, if they want to, which I hope is understandable. But other than that I think PM's offer the only level of privacy needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post

Was that the one on how the top twenty pubs were calculated?

If so, I have to confess it was indeed I who got the slap from chris

I didn't agree with his reasoning then and I still don't.

You are promoting me way above my station though Gann.

I only ever made BITE Fanatic. Godliness was reserved for others.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas