Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Halifax Crawl - 21 June 2024

Having a look at a possible running order and these are my first thoughts.
    The Wainhouse Tavern and The Big 6 are indeed a fair way out of town and need a 15 minute bus ride to get there and then back again as there is nothing inbetween to entertain. The Cross Keys is a shorter bus ride but south of Halifax and again nothing really of interest on the walk or ride.
    Outside of these we have 12 other venues mentioned within the city centre (and that's not counting the two spoons ) , easily walkable between them so I personally would be inclined to stick with these and have a relaxing day in the town centre.
    But the Big 6 and the Cross Keys do look to be worth the effort, so open to alternative suggestions.
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

I've put all of the pubs mentioned into the pub crawl tool and made this one for people to clone and fine tune.

https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pub-cra...8-a0d5f86d2656

I'm hoping to make it to this one

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    Having a look at a possible running order and these are my first thoughts.
    The Wainhouse Tavern and The Big 6 are indeed a fair way out of town and need a 15 minute bus ride to get there and then back again as there is nothing inbetween to entertain. The Cross Keys is a shorter bus ride but south of Halifax and again nothing really of interest on the walk or ride.
    Outside of these we have 12 other venues mentioned within the city centre (and that's not counting the two spoons ) , easily walkable between them so I personally would be inclined to stick with these and have a relaxing day in the town centre.
    But the Big 6 and the Cross Keys do look to be worth the effort, so open to alternative suggestions.
    I do like the sound of a simple crawl in the town centre.Dave's very helpful map does show how long walking to the outliers will take.Sadly I'm not aware of bus routes and the service regularity ,do we have any "locals" who could advise ?
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

I'm in the town centre camp on this one and I know Big Steve won't be up for the long distance hike.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Well, that’s four of us for the town centre. Unless we get any local bus knowledge I will put a proposed town centre running list together by the end of this week
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    I do like the sound of a simple crawl in the town centre.Dave's very helpful map does show how long walking to the outliers will take.Sadly I'm not aware of bus routes and the service regularity ,do we have any "locals" who could advise ?
    Simple sounds good.

The Wainhouse's recent reviews don't seem to command the glowing encomiums bestowed on Big 6, which also has the heritage factor; it's less far out too.