Ads not shown when logged in
Page 65 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: pubs galore bar

Default Now, what else can I find in the 'cellar' (aka cupboard under the stairs)?

Well, I did try a Põhjala (scroll down a bit to find it) Winter Bänger yesterday, which ensured a good night's sleep!

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Well, I did try a Põhjala (scroll down a bit to find it) Winter Bänger yesterday, which ensured a good night's sleep!
    Ah, haven't come across that one yet. I have a great deal of respect for this brewery, but not enough money to buy lots of their beer.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

This year has been a disaster so fittingly my last beers were duds.
    Had 2 boxes from BEER 52 and just the dregs left and mostly dark which tonight I don't really fancy but any port in a storm etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Just grabbed four pints of takeaway cask from The Alfred, two of Disruption Chaos More Chaos , a 5% NEPA, think murk and pineapple , and two of Disruption How To Dress For The Apocalypse, a 5.5 % Black IPA, not had this before so will find out once the Chaos has gone in an hour or so.
    The Black IPA was my last beer of the year, and not disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post

Happy New Year to John, Mick and anyone else who's lurking in the Pubs Galore Bar.

Things can only get better! (Can't wait until we can close this ramshackle old place down and go back to drinking in pubs.)
    Same to you Will ,John and all, we can only hope.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Fierce -peanut riot. roasted peanuts don't have much flavour so accordingly its just a stout 6/10
    siren-coldblooded -a cold steeped porter nothing exiting about this beer 6/10
    browar gosciszewo -komtur .they call it a dark beer neither stout porter or black ipa decent black lager maybe 6.75/10
    sto mostow -milk stout had this before and its an excellent beer unfortunately this was a drain pour .flat and shitty 0/10
    abk -edel a german pils up to the usual German standard 5/10
    brewdog -roaster coaster found this overly sweet tonight rated it over 8/10 previously but tonight 6.5/10
    London beer factory-zia only opened this in desperation drain pour too sweet for me.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Fierce -peanut riot. roasted peanuts don't have much flavour so accordingly its just a stout 6/10
    siren-coldblooded -a cold steeped porter nothing exiting about this beer 6/10
    browar gosciszewo -komtur .they call it a dark beer neither stout porter or black ipa decent black lager maybe 6.75/10
    sto mostow -milk stout had this before and its an excellent beer unfortunately this was a drain pour .flat and shitty 0/10
    abk -edel a german pils up to the usual German standard 5/10
    brewdog -roaster coaster found this overly sweet tonight rated it over 8/10 previously but tonight 6.5/10
    London beer factory-zia only opened this in desperation drain pour too sweet for me.
    John, I'm so sorry to hear what a dreadful series of duds you've had.

I've been drinking only whisky since that pretty poor Aldi beer earlier.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

yes a belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.Lets hope we can meet up this year. cheers john

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    John, I'm so sorry to hear what a dreadful series of duds you've had.

I've been drinking only whisky since that pretty poor Aldi beer earlier.
    Wasn't looking forward to drinking them but they are out of the way now so 2020 bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    The Black IPA was my last beer of the year, and not disappointing.
    My first experiences of Black IPAs were just that...disappointing. But either my perceptions have changed, or recipes have improved, or I've only been drinking them from brewers I trust (I hope the latter, mostly), and it's now a beer style that I looked forward to seeing on the bar. Those were the days, eh.

Now all we have to look forward to is a vaccination! Happy days...
    Come On You Hatters!

Seems to me there’s too many people here saying sensible things, happen change they’ve had too sober a Hogmanay, I’m off for another Laphroig me’sen 😜