Ads not shown when logged in
Page 310 of 426 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 4259

Thread: Random news of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Off topic I'm afraid - I don't know if you really are interested in The Clash, but there's an exhibition on at the Museum of London: https://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/mu...40-years-clash
    Joe Strummer was a regular in my local for a couple of years or so in the late 90's, he kept himself to his self and was able to in the pub which was probably why he liked it, we inevitably ended up on nodding terms. A nice fella.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

"Greene King brewery workers to hold"
    https://www.eadt.co.uk/business/unit...tion-1-6408328
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

This Space For Hire

From this month's London Drinker: 'We are pleased to announce that Mr. Miles Jenner, the Head Brewer and Joint Managing Director of Harvey & Son (Lewes) Ltd. will be conducting a 'Meet the Brewer' evening at The Royal Oak, Tabard Street, SE1, on Monday 20th January at 7.30pm' (if anyone's interested).

From this month's London Drinker: 'We are pleased to announce that Mr. Miles Jenner, the Head Brewer and Joint Managing Director of Harvey & Son (Lewes) Ltd. will be conducting a 'Meet the Brewer' evening at The Royal Oak, Tabard Street, SE1, on Monday 20th January at 7.30pm' (if anyone's interested).
    Miles is good value as a speaker.

Interested but unfortunately not practical for me.
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Miles is good value as a speaker.
    He is a bit of a raconteur by all accounts but don't think much of his beer.I heard that Harveys did great beer so about 15 years ago I went to Brighton specifically to a pub near the station who had the whole Harveys range . Totally underwhelmed by the beers and ended up in a pub drinking Fullers -pride to drown my sorrows. Although I have had a few good pints of Sussex it tends to be very inconsistent according to Harveys drinkers in my local.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Although I have had a few good pints of Sussex it tends to be very inconsistent according to Harveys drinkers in my local.
    I think that probably says much more about the pub(s) concerned, not the beer, brewer or brewery.

Harvey's (Sussex) is completely ubiquitous in my part of the world (apart from the Shepherd Neame and Greene King tied houses), and over many decades I can't recall ever having a bad pint of it any pub that keeps a good cellar.

My understanding is that the brewery won't sell to any freehouse where problems are reported because there are so many others beyond the East Sussex / West Kent core area looking to stock it.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    He is a bit of a raconteur by all accounts but don't think much of his beer.I heard that Harveys did great beer so about 15 years ago I went to Brighton specifically to a pub near the station who had the whole Harveys range . Totally underwhelmed by the beers and ended up in a pub drinking Fullers -pride to drown my sorrows. Although I have had a few good pints of Sussex it tends to be very inconsistent according to Harveys drinkers in my local.
    Harvey's are not normally my go to brewery but I was greatly impressed with the quality of the Mild and Old Ale recently in the Royal Oak.
    -W.C.Fields

"brewery Magic Rock is opening a second taproom in "
    https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/life...oom-1-10138749

" Why are they succeeding when the traditional "
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07wxk2f