Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
The new one , if it comes off (its all over the front of this weeks Journal) aint that far from the Bucks Head (the self proclaimed "best ground in non league") about 10/15 mins walk , Wellington on match days can be dodgy Telford are getting a bad reputation for trouble .
As for the new JDW the town council are all for it , the Charlton has been closed since 2006 and planning permission has been denied for flats on the site .
The Thomas Bottfield is miles away and for a JDW has a crap selaction of ale (3 on last visit) , remember Telford is a collection of towns so whats classed as Telford can be miles apart .
Just by the Bucks Head is the Cock hotel , its a cracker , CAMRA west mid pub of the year
I have been to Bucks Head couple of years ago and I can see it is one of the best Non-league grounds but I think Rushden and Diamonds ground is far better. Never had drink in any Telford's pub yet, just straight in and straight out back to Tamworth.

Enough of football, I think it is about time Telford to get another JDW due to large population. I cannot tell which towns are in Telford so I simply call Telford as WHOLE.. sorry!

Can you keep me updated about new JDW's process?

Thanks

Hoppy