In another thread I asked for the location of The Horse and Groom, Groom Place (just off Belgrave Square) to be changed from Pimlico to Belgravia. RogerB has made a similar point regarding The Banker in EC4. Conrad says that as just having a postcode as the location is a bit dry, PuG has "mapped" all postcodes to a location, and for some reason SW1 has shown up as Pimlico. Fellow Londoners will be well aware that SW1 covers a much larger area than just Pimlico, and I don't think that there is a place name that can accurately describe SW1 in its entirety. The same goes for numerous Central London postcodes/area. In the absence of a better system conrad is disinclined to make any changes at the moment.

So, is there a better system? My own view is that as PuG has recently acquired a number of members with an extensive knowledge of London, he could just let us notify corrections as and when we spot them and eventually the London locations will be in much better shape. Could be a lengthy process, but it is one way of getting there in the end. There will be gray areas where a pub sits between two area, but I don't think that matters too much, and will be a lot better than having a pub stated to be in an area miles from where it really is. Anyone got any ideas on this one?