Some of you may have seen my post on the That Doesn't Go There sub-forum on the subject of two entries for what in my view would amount to just one pub. In the two examples in Oban there are large hotels (which appear in their own right) and their public bars (which also have their own entries).

I've also come across the opposite, where we have one entry for what I would have thought were two pubs: in the same town there is the Woodside Hotel, which has a tiny public bar next to the hotel entrance, but round the corner there is a separate yard entry to what is denoted as the Creel Bar. Once inside, it is easy to go through the internal door to reach the public bar. So is it one pub or two? If it helps, the same beer was on the hand pump in each bar.

Another example outside Oban has me in a different quandry: the Oyster Inn has another pub next door, the Ferryman's. They are quite clearly two pubs, but we only have the former on the site. Simple, you might say, just add the second pub. However, the website for the Oyster makes it quite clear that the Ferryman's is part of the same operation. Two pubs or one?