Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
I know Cambridge quite well and there are lots of excellent pub.I'm going on an extended holiday shortly so here are some initial thoughts before an absence from this forum for a number of weeks.

Often the starting point of planning a crawl is the 2024 GBG,the Friday crawl does mean that a few likely targets will not be open all day.Also two pubs in the 2024 guide Haymakers in Chesterton and Queen Edith near Addenbrooke's are just too far away to be easily worked into a crawl route.

Most of the GBG pubs are to the immediate north of the station and the nearest meeting place to start the crawl would be The Devonshire.It maybe sensible then to pick a few of the candidates in that area (but not all) such as The Cambridge Blue,Free Press and Elm Tree with a view to arriving at the Maypole around 2pm,this pub closes between 2.30pm and 5.30pm on Fridays.

On the way back to the station a likely route is Champion of the Thames,Alexandra,Live & Let Live,Earl of Beconsfield ,Royal Standard before the two 5pm openers Calverleys and Geldart.That's 12 pubs without an excessive amount of walking,and gets you back to the station district.
I won't be attending on the chosen day as there is a Leeds Rhinos game that evening, but I have a visit planned to Cambridge on 28th & 29th February and 1st March, and hope to do all the pubs that you mention, plus anything else that catches my eye, and will report back.