Ads not shown when logged in
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: How was it for you?

Yes, a good read Will , pub crawling is not what it was but still worth putting up with a certain amount of inevitable nonsense, things can be difficult sometimes where ever you are as BRAPA found out when I ferried him around my neck of the woods a few weeks ago in the old, pre tier new normal here though things did look up here.
    Oh and OB I hope James didn't leave any unfinished pints from his expensive round.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    ... no cake here.
    ...and in front of a counter that seemed to be entirely covered with cake.
    This crawl goes to prove that you can't have your cake and eat it.

I think the best way to get round the 'same household' rule is for people to say they have undergone a civil marriage. If they ask why people are in a group of 12, just tell the staff that you are Mormons!

I'm glad that I decided to support York pubs (and the train operating companies) by spending Sunday afternoon on this pub crawl. Mostly it was fine - beer was good, the welcome and the application of rules was mostly good, and of course the company was better than good. Overall, it wasn't like a normal pub crawl, though. I tend to drink halves when crawling, but I have reverted to pints since the pubs reopened, because the hassle of entering a pub makes it seem silly to just have a half. The downside of this is (in my case at least) getting pissed a bit quicker than I used to. Add to this the chance of getting pissed off with the rules and how they are applied, and an argument is there waiting to happen. So I'll be happy to get back to my local pubs, where I know them and they know me. I may have another breakout before too long, though. Maybe Derby...
    Thank you for my virtual pub crawl of York. I enjoyed it and needed it as I am now locked down in "Wails!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Oh and OB I hope James didn't leave any unfinished pints from his expensive round.
    Although his preferred beers are pale n hoppy he is fond of dark beers so no trouble with the Rudgate Mild, it was the OBB he left most of, he’s also a fan of the Blue Bell in York. Good lad really.

Thanks to all who have commented on the pub crawl for your kind words. (Even Tris with his marriage proposal!)
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Although his preferred beers are pale n hoppy he is fond of dark beers so no trouble with the Rudgate Mild, it was the OBB he left most of, he’s also a fan of the Blue Bell in York. Good lad really.
    Must be something to do with his teacher, , don't blame him about the OBB.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Thanks, yes, I too enjoyed the vicarious journeys around York and Hampshire, and interesting to read the extra challenges the current climate is imposing, and the interpretation by the enforcers at different venues.

This Space For Hire

I must have passed a good 50 pubs since 2nd and what's as clear as a bell is that the non-real ale/non-food pubs are all closed. I've only seen one 'food' pub that's closed.
    It also seems that people drinking outside are exempt from buying food and also that people aren't leaving the pub when they've finished their plumptious meal - The Dundee Arms is getting along with things and all they have by way of food is a sandwich toaster on the bar!

Just Missed the Round Brainypool's Avatar

Interesting to see some pubs in Liverpool that have never done food (to my knowledge) open today with very cheap meal deal offerings.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Brainypool View Post
    Interesting to see some pubs in Liverpool that have never done food (to my knowledge) open today with very cheap meal deal offerings.
    The Cellars is the only foodie pub I've seen which reopened but is now closed, but interestingly The Weavers Arms over the road doesn't do food but is open. So either it's doing microwaved spuds with beans or, given the type of place it is, it's chancing its arm. I suspect the latter.