Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Floods

This Space For Hire

Default Floods

Terribly sad to see the Salopian in Shrewsbury surrounded by flood waters on the TV news just now. I am sure we all send our moral support to all pubs affected by the floods and let's give physical support through our patronage once they (hopefully) reopen. Sadly I suspect it might be the final straw for some.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

This Space For Hire

Just saw that and we were wondering how this pub was doing....might indulge in a bit of flood tourism later in the week.

I saw a piece on the news last week and the reporter was here - The Bunch of Carrots

If you look at the map you will understand how the river Wye caused it a few problems with road closures but I think they managed to stay open.

I am a salmon !!

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Its risen another couple of feet since https://www.telford-live.com/2020/02...-the-flooding/
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Terribly sad to see the Salopian in Shrewsbury surrounded by flood waters on the TV news just now. I am sure we all send our moral support to all pubs affected by the floods and let's give physical support through our patronage once they (hopefully) reopen. Sadly I suspect it might be the final straw for some.
    I did wonder about this. Are the Shrewsbury Hotel and the Premier Inn affected? I stayed in Shrewsbury last month and I overheard the Salopian Landlord saying how quiet he was on Xmas Eve. The new place by the Station was doing a good trade when I popped in before the train back.
    I'm going to Derby tomorrow but the pressure seems to have come off there even though I'm staying at the Riverlights Premier Inn!
    I'm going on the Cambrian Coast line in a couple of weeks where even the replacement bus has been abandoned. It sounds like Welshpool is completely isolated.

Default Worcester

Browns at the Quay and the Severn View Hotel in (rather than beside) the River Severn, Worcester last Thursday. Horrible business for all concerned.

Storm Ciara & Denis 3.JPG

York after both storms, The Kings Arms is in the distance to the right near the bridge, fortunately it is flood proofed.

I had no problems with going to Derby but the current weather forecast for the next couple of weeks is very pessimistic. As usual London is largely unaffected. Of course, if it was it would immediately become a national emergency.