Ads not shown when logged in
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New server

Not really sure where to post this but this will do.
    There are still 2 pubs in my awaiting approval from 2014!
    They are on the site so can they be removed from my page? I don't need to go over old ground as to why they weren't approved at the time - look here if you are interested ! http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showt...s+not+approved
    Cheers,
    Del.

I am a salmon !!

This Space For Hire

Has the new server thing added about What Pub dubious pubs where CAMRA membership or a GBG in tow may be required as when I entered The Hungerford Club without any of the above it wasn't present on the web page.
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 21-08-2017 at 00:39.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Has the new server thing added about What Pub dubious pubs where CAMRA membership or a GBG in tow may be required as when I entered The Hungerford Club without any of the above it wasn't present on the web page.
    It's a club and I can see the warning under the details that says "This is a members only club and therefore may not allow entry, check reviews for more details".
    The problem as I see it is that there are several clubs on this site where they don't have that warning. If a club allows people in regardless then they are almost certainly ignoring the rules of their licence.

This Space For Hire

My point being when I went there it wasn't showing this detail it was the review from memory that highlighted a problem could occur. After all I was a famous tennis player when I went in and I'm not a bitter drinker with a CAMRA card nor do I own a GBG.
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 21-08-2017 at 22:50.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    My point being when I went there it wasn't showing this detail it was the review from memory that highlighted a problem could occur. After all I was a famous tennis player when I went in and I'm not a bitter drinker with a CAMRA card nor do I own a GBG.
    Fair enough, I still think that all clubs should have that warning even if they apparently allow in all and sundry.

This Space For Hire

I agree the point was the warning from PG wasn't there it was the review that gave me warning.

Wickwar Social Club isn't on here I found it in my old man's GBG rocked up and walked in without no need to go bearing gifts or wave the fake laminate card my dad made me based on Wallsal's experimental new Camara card that might get me into places that allow CAMRA members, similar to the RAFA Club in Bristol where I went with my dad who had his CAMRA card and nobody cared about seeing it here either which was also GBG listed based on the relevant paperwork none of which was challenged.

The point is a new line has appeared on the pub/bar stating that it may be CAMRA related which from memory wasn't present prior to new server.

Dave maybe able to reiterate if it's been present for a while and the low number of places that fall into this category have alluded me.
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 21-08-2017 at 23:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    The problem as I see it is that there are several clubs on this site where they don't have that warning. If a club allows people in regardless then they are almost certainly ignoring the rules of their licence.
    I don't know what causes this warning panel to generate. I added a comment in the review box on this club yesterday. It should have that generic panel, it seems to me, but I don't know what it needs to produce it.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    It's a club and I can see the warning under the details that says "This is a members only club and therefore may not allow entry, check reviews for more details".
    It all depends on the type of license they have, a "club" license only allows in members and guests under certain conditions, but many clubs now have a premises license either for the whole place or for a single bar or function room. The only ways to know are to check with the club or check the local council's register of licenses (IF it's findable on-line and IF it's up to date).

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I don't know what causes this warning panel to generate. I added a comment in the review box on this club yesterday. It should have that generic panel, it seems to me, but I don't know what it needs to produce it.
    I suspect that the addition of this was an intervention by Dave when he had to approve additions. Now that the so called dwarves approve new entries it's probably not possible to add it. I'd rather not get involved in the old argument about whether clubs should appear as they already on here along with all the chain restaurants, night clubs, off licences etc etc .....

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    It all depends on the type of license they have, a "club" license only allows in members and guests under certain conditions, but many clubs now have a premises license either for the whole place or for a single bar or function room. The only ways to know are to check with the club or check the local council's register of licenses (IF it's findable on-line and IF it's up to date).
    Thanks for that clarification but I'm still confused! I'm not an expert on clubs and have only been to less than 10. I'm planning to revisit the Kinver Constitutional Club in December which has a very strict signing in policy but is well worth the effort.