Ads not shown when logged in
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: New pub visits 2016

Rounded off the year on 310, would have been one more had the Euston Tap East Lodge been open today,never mind 110 beyond my original target is pleasing enough.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

I've finished the year on 260, which, on paper, is just above my usual target of 250 but in reality is much better than I'd hoped for given that I was forced to put pub going on hold for over a month back in May. I'll be aiming for a similar total again in 2017.

This Space For Hire

Just added a couple to only bring me up to 150.Probably had 600 pub visits so 25% new ones which is not bad for me. only 551 new beers which is an all time low but I have made the effort to drink good beers that I have drank before and walk passed the dreadful brewers beer.Had some stunning beers this year mostly keg ones though. Happy New Year to one and all. cheers john

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Rounded off the year on 310, would have been one more had the Euston Tap East Lodge been open today,never mind 110 beyond my original target is pleasing enough.
    Yeah me too.Went there last night. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Just added a couple to only bring me up to 150.Probably had 600 pub visits so 25% new ones which is not bad for me. only 551 new beers which is an all time low but I have made the effort to drink good beers that I have drank before and walk passed the dreadful brewers beer.Had some stunning beers this year mostly keg ones though. Happy New Year to one and all. cheers john
    I may well keep count of my new beers this year, I don't expect to get near Johns all time low figure though.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    November was productive and have now sneaked up to 165 year to date.That might be it for the year as I'm on very familiar boating and boozing territory .
    A late flurry of new pub visits in December bumped up my 2016 total to 176.About in line with the 188 in 2015 and 169 in 2014.so par for the course.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Finished on 684 with the final 'new' visit of 2016 being Benfleet's Half Crown on New Year's Eve.

Considerably less has been pencilled in for 2017, which should be good news for those homeless wallet moths...
    Last edited by Komakino; 02-01-2017 at 20:39. Reason: Maths was never my strong point...
    "Breakneck speed we drown ten pints of bitter"

27 this year, compared with 21 for 2015. However 11 resulted from our annual week being taken in a previously unvisited area.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

"Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    505 new pubs done by Al 10000. I liked this crawl, a typical day out:

"This was to be a full pub crawl of all pubs in Brighouse and area,but my plans were disrupted when i looked at the weather forecast for the day, Heavy rain all day.
    I decided to stay on the train and do what i could in Hebden Bridge quickly and go back down to Brighouse to pick up the town centre pubs,the plan was to stay as dry as possible with less walking.
    It did'nt work i got soaked to the skin.
    19 new pubs done.
    "
    Come On You Hatters!