Ads not shown when logged in
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: BBC2: Alexis Polizzi 'The Fixer' and Hunter's Microbrewery.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Had to laugh, at 1.30 in, when Stuart Howe said 'it's not a massively flavoursome beer, but it is complex'. Eh? Well where does the effing complexity come from then, if it doesn't taste of anything?
    Well, he does brew Doom Bar for a living...

Having read his words and watched a very tedious video clip it seems to me that this man is not only extremly arrogant but totally delusional as well. The only facts in the video were the ingredients for the beer. I thought that hyphenated bloke was trying to say in a round about way that it was a lot sweeter than he would like. All in all I thought they were both talking a load of sycophantic drivel for which I'm sure they received a handsome fee. I wonder what Mr Howe would have done if they had been critical of it.

The pint of the stuff I had recently couldn't have been in better condition. It was in a pub that had only been re-opened for a few hours so the lines would have been spotless, the beer fresh and the temperature was certainly right. The brew is just too sweet with very little hop character.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Having read his words and watched a very tedious video clip it seems to me that this man is not only extremly arrogant but totally delusional as well. The only facts in the video were the ingredients for the beer. I thought that hyphenated bloke was trying to say in a round about way that it was a lot sweeter than he would like. All in all I thought they were both talking a load of sycophantic drivel for which I'm sure they received a handsome fee. I wonder what Mr Howe would have done if they had been critical of it.

The pint of the stuff I had recently couldn't have been in better condition. It was in a pub that had only been re-opened for a few hours so the lines would have been spotless, the beer fresh and the temperature was certainly right. The brew is just too sweet with very little hop character.
    Those boys really should have been forced to take the three pint test,rather than just sipping the stuff.However much Mr Howe was leading the witness in that clip,I am sure the reaction would have been totally different as the two experts confronted that third pint.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

"Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Just watched it. Quite funny really, all the guff about rebranding hasn't hit Torquay yet (I was there a couple of months back), all the pumps where I spotted his beer were all old style ones. So clearly the marketing/organisational side is still fairly backward.
    Been away for a couple of days and just caught up with this chain again, but can confirm that if you look at Huntsman's Facebook page there are threads on there which indicate that they have decided to ignore the branding advice given and stick with the old look and feel...

Now there could be very good unseen reasons for this, such as the marketing agency wanting a huge wedge for the use of their design.
    But one would assume the BBC would have covered the agency's time and even if there is a charge to Huntsman for the design it would be at "mates rates" due to the TV program..

Perhaps I'm tainted by being in Marketing but I really liked the clean brand (especially the pump clips , although they were a bit Purityesque in shape ) compared to their current missmatch of images and just further evidence of the bumbling amateurism of the operation to my mind..
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde