Ads not shown when logged in
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What Pub Rip Off

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Telford & East Shropshire CAMRA are useless , i have submitted about 40 alterations and only 1 has been changed , there are several pubs that have been demolished/closed , some over 10 years ago , lots that have never had public bars , there are funeral parlours and bail hostels listed as open pubs

TES CAMRA is run by Bridgnorth CAMRA who dont give a toss about Telford and surrounds .
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post

Personally I find the slagging off of the opposing site from either side really pathetic .
    You use the nasty words pathetic and sniping after my post about the Bear and Lace in Nottingham,i did not make any pathetic comments or any sniping comments about what pub,i was just stating what i thought was facts.
    I would have posted what i thought,but this was the only thread that seemed to be right at the time.

If these words in your posts relate to my post,then please take them back,if not i am sorry for posting this.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    You use the nasty words pathetic and sniping after my post about the Bear and Lace in Nottingham,i did not make any pathetic comments or any sniping comments about what pub,i was just stating what i thought was facts.
    I would have posted what i thought,but this was the only thread that seemed to be right at the time.

If these words in your posts relate to my post,then please take them back,if not i am sorry for posting this.
    Why do you always take things to be a personal attack on you? The sentence you have quoted does say "from either side" so is quite clearly made in general terms.
    I fail to see how the words pathetic or sniping are nasty.
    I did cover the case of the Bear and Lace and attempted to explain how there is no certainty that it is a "rip off", unlike a previous case where a review had been copied word for word including a spelling mistake.

Although not a large branch, my CAMRA branch, North Hampshire CAMRA, seem pretty sharp on pub updates, any I have submitted are usually dealt with inside 24 -48hours.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

After having told Halifax CAMRA on 2, possibly 3 occasions that Bull On The Bridge is open.

Eventually they got around to reopening it on 18/04/2016.

They then nicked most of my review from 19/02/2016 and posted it as the description.

They also claimed it had been surveyed by the branch on, yep, 19/02/2016.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    After having told Halifax CAMRA on 2, possibly 3 occasions that Bull On The Bridge is open.

Eventually they got around to reopening it on 18/04/2016.

They then nicked most of my review from 19/02/2016 and posted it as the description.

They also claimed it had been surveyed by the branch on, yep, 19/02/2016.
    Sounds fair enough. You have contacted them with an update and they have (eventually) updated it. You have been credited with the survey by them using your date/survey (as you know, names are not used on WP). It does not say the "branch" surveyed it.

There is a massive interchange of information between PuG and WP. How many times do we see (on PuG), "pub opened/closed reported by local Camra branch".

Occasionally, of course, this can also lead to incorrect information being passed from one site to another.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    Sounds fair enough. How many times do we see (on PuG), "pub opened/closed reported by local Camra branch".
    I know, no complaints from me, that's why there's a "Big Grin"

I open and close most of them on here and a lot of the initial info comes from Whatpub, even if it takes a lot of checking for correctness.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    Telford & East Shropshire CAMRA are useless , i have submitted about 40 alterations and only 1 has been changed , there are several pubs that have been demolished/closed , some over 10 years ago , lots that have never had public bars , there are funeral parlours and bail hostels listed as open pubs

TES CAMRA is run by Bridgnorth CAMRA who dont give a toss about Telford and surrounds .
    Telford & East Shropshire might be improving.
    I re-submitted the "funeral parlour" and a long demolished pub still marked as open, expecting a long wait and having to moan to their Regional Organiser, but they were updated and marked as closed within 24 hours!
    Still a shame they had not done it themselves much sooner. If you live in Bridgnorth, a trip to Telford mustn't sound too exciting!

Looks like the Northern Ireland branch of CAMRA have simply nicked all of our "pubs" in the province and added them to WhatPub.

I've been checking through some rogue entries and WhatPub has every one, but with no information
    apart from the address etc.

This includes a caravan park and several guesthouses.

I don't see how they could have replicated ALL the mistakes on here without using PuG.