Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top 10 "Craft" beer pubs in Central London.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    I thought you had given up the keg as it was too expensive.£3.50 is a bargain.Does Brodies brewery own the William iv,Crosse Keys or the Coffee house or is it a separate business from the pubs?
    I did say that I rarely bother with it, and it's hardly a bargain when the cask is £2.50 or £2.60!.
    The best Brodies keg options in my opinion are all over 6% so are a lot more expensive whereas they used to be all the same price.
    The brewery was started by the son and daughter of the owner of the KW4. James did the brewing and Lizzie did the Admin. The brewery has been unable to cope with the demand for their beer for the best part of a year now, even for their own pubs. In the case of the KW4 Hopcraft have been plugging the gap to great effect. The plan is to open a second brewery some time this year to brew the core beers whatever they are but I would guess it's London Fields, Bethnal Green and Old Street and maybe a few others. The KW4 brewery would then brew all the weird and wonderful stuff. The location of the new brewery is uncertain, but the rumour is that there may be a Beatles connection.
    As I understand it the original owner has retired and James has taken over while Lizzie is running the Old Coffee House, so it may be that the entire business is more of a single operation than previously. There is a young Scottish bloke who came from Brewdog and someone from Brew Wharf doing the brewing now.
    As far as I know they own the KW4 but don't know if the West End pubs are owned or leased. If I had to guess I would say leased.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I did say that I rarely bother with it, and it's hardly a bargain when the cask is £2.50 or £2.60!.
    The best Brodies keg options in my opinion are all over 6% so are a lot more expensive whereas they used to be all the same price.
    The brewery was started by the son and daughter of the owner of the KW4. James did the brewing and Lizzie did the Admin. The brewery has been unable to cope with the demand for their beer for the best part of a year now, even for their own pubs. In the case of the KW4 Hopcraft have been plugging the gap to great effect. The plan is to open a second brewery some time this year to brew the core beers whatever they are but I would guess it's London Fields, Bethnal Green and Old Street and maybe a few others. The KW4 brewery would then brew all the weird and wonderful stuff. The location of the new brewery is uncertain, but the rumour is that there may be a Beatles connection.
    As I understand it the original owner has retired and James has taken over while Lizzie is running the Old Coffee House, so it may be that the entire business is more of a single operation than previously. There is a young Scottish bloke who came from Brewdog and someone from Brew Wharf doing the brewing now.
    As far as I know they own the KW4 but don't know if the West End pubs are owned or leased. If I had to guess I would say leased.
    That will be Brewdog Jonny and Angello from brewharf.Brodies is in safe hands.