Ads not shown when logged in
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 145

Thread: Best of the Black Country (Meet Up 5th October 2012)

  1. #81
    This Space For Hire Pubsignman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Croydon and occasionally Dorset
    Posts
    982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Now just got to find some Saturday afternoon footy entertainment!
    I'm going to the Coventry vs Bournemouth match on the Saturday, so let me know if that takes your fancy. Annoyingly, it looks like I'm going to miss out on the crawl as I can't get the time off work.

  2. #82
    Please give generously Quinno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    2,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    Annoyingly, it looks like I'm going to miss out on the crawl as I can't get the time off work.
    Get a new job, worked for me

  3. #83
    I'll stay on me own Andy Ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Black Country
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Trains now booked...
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Now booked up. Dep Euston 9.03 Fri, arr Brum 10.27. Staying at Holiday Inn. Dep Brum 21.10 on the Sat. Now just got to find some Saturday afternoon footy entertainment!
    That takes us up to 18. Woo hoo! Fixtures on 6th October can be found on Soccerbase. In the West Midlands you have a choice of West Brom v QPR, Birmingham v Huddersfield, Coventry v Bournemouth or the Mighty Saddlers v Carlisle. I know which one I would go for.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    I'm going to the Coventry vs Bournemouth match on the Saturday, so let me know if that takes your fancy. Annoyingly, it looks like I'm going to miss out on the crawl as I can't get the time off work.
    Sorry you can't make it, PSM. Hope we can catch up another time.
    Waes hael!

  4. #84
    The Beerhunter. RogerB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dartford, Kentshire near Londinium.
    Posts
    1,975

    Default

    I'd be looking to do a new ground. Burton Albion is the only realistic new league ground I could get to but they are away to Morecambe that day. That means I'm left with non-league but as it's an FA Cup date (3rd qual Round) I don't yet know who's playing anywhere.

  5. #85
    We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    down 'ere, from oop there
    Posts
    2,024

    Default

    Hi Andy, do your current numbers take you up to the next size vehicle? I'm still unsure whether this one would be possible for me but, if so, could/would you accommodate a seat or 2 for tm?
    Ps. Are you forwarning target pubs to expect a large group hitting the bar at once?

  6. #86
    I'll stay on me own Andy Ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Black Country
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Hi Andy, do your current numbers take you up to the next size vehicle? I'm still unsure whether this one would be possible for me but, if so, could/would you accommodate a seat or 2 for tm?
    Ps. Are you forwarning target pubs to expect a large group hitting the bar at once?
    Sorry TM, I've only just picked up your post. I can accommodate another half dozen now that we've stepped up to the 25 seater midi-coach.

    I will contact the pubs beforehand but Richard the driver tends to do that anyway.
    Waes hael!

  7. #87
    We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    down 'ere, from oop there
    Posts
    2,024

    Default

    Thanks Andy but, sadly, circumstances won't allow my participation.
    I trust a few of the group will be sampling, among many, some Sarah Hughes etc on my behalf.
    Have a top top day, and I look forward to reports of derring-do in the aftermath...

  8. #88
    I'll stay on me own Andy Ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Black Country
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Thanks Andy but, sadly, circumstances won't allow my participation.
    I trust a few of the group will be sampling, among many, some Sarah Hughes etc on my behalf.
    Have a top top day, and I look forward to reports of derring-do in the aftermath...
    Thanks for letting me know, mate.

    At my last count there were 18 of us.
    Waes hael!

  9. #89
    I'll stay on me own Andy Ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Black Country
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Look forward to seeing you all next Friday.

    Just a reminder that the minibus leaves the Wellington at 12.30.
    Waes hael!

  10. #90
    This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Standing at the bar
    Posts
    775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ven View Post
    Look forward to seeing you all next Friday.

    Just a reminder that the minibus leaves the Wellington at 12.30.
    Good one Andy, looking forward to sinking a few Bathams

Similar Threads

  1. Black Country areas
    By Al 10000 in forum Requests
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-03-2011, 15:05
  2. Black Country
    By trainman in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 19-02-2011, 20:16
  3. Black Country - Stourbridge to Wolverhampton
    By Andy Ven in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 28-11-2010, 20:28
  4. Black Country Pub Crawls
    By Andy Ven in forum Your Services
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-04-2010, 18:17
  5. Hitchmough's Black Country Pubs CDs
    By Andy Ven in forum Your Services
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29-03-2010, 21:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •