Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New pubs visited 2012

Real Ale Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Off to Luton on the 24th for a conference at Bedfordshire Uni which happily for me is slap bang the town centre. With a bit of luck I'll get 7 (seven) new ones.
    I had a night in Luton a couple of months ago. Not impressed with the town centre pubs at all. Very poor I thought. Eventually found two half decent pubs in the 'high town'. The English Rose and the Bricklayers. The English Rose had Dark Star Coffee Stout, one of my favourites. Recall that in the Bricklayers a customer came in and asked what Polish lagers that had on draught ! He ended up with Stella !
    Last edited by Grailhunter; 17-01-2012 at 11:38. Reason: Added names of the pubs

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Well I've managed to blag my way onto a day's course in Bristol in mid-February, so I'm sure I'll grab a few then, just hope it finishes nice and early!

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    Well I've managed to blag my way onto a day's course in Bristol in mid-February, so I'm sure I'll grab a few then, just hope it finishes nice and early!
    Whereabouts in Bristol?

Whereabouts in Bristol?
    It's central I believe, 8mins walk from Temple Meads. Redcliffe. Looks to be fairly adjacent to a few decent boozers but I may only have a couple of hours plus perhaps a cheeky one at lunchtime.

It's central I believe, 8mins walk from Temple Meads. Redcliffe. Looks to be fairly adjacent to a few decent boozers but I may only have a couple of hours plus perhaps a cheeky one at lunchtime.
    Oh in that case do the golden set - Seven Stars, Cornubia, Kings Head which are all excellent. From any it's around 10 to 15mins to Temple Meads (remember the long slope leading up to the entrance!) and there's a JDW there (round the back) if you like to leave a good few minutes before the train...

I have also heard good things about the Golden Guinea but have not been there yet.
    Last edited by Quinno; 19-01-2012 at 15:12.

Oh in that case do the golden set - Seven Stars, Cornubia, Kings Head which are all excellent. From any it's around 10 to 15mins to Temple Meads (remember the long slope leading up to the entrance!) and there's a JDW there (round the back) if you like to leave a good few minutes before the train...

I have also heard good things about the Golden Guinea but have not been there yet.
    Cheers Quinno, those three on my initial list but I'll fine tune nearer the time. I'm considering telling a tale at home along the lines that I need to go the night before for a 9 start (it's 10:30!) but could be on dodgy ground.

Cheers Quinno, those three on my initial list but I'll fine tune nearer the time. I'm considering telling a tale at home along the lines that I need to go the night before for a 9 start (it's 10:30!) but could be on dodgy ground.
    Do it - you know you want to !!!

I am a salmon !!

This Space For Hire

Any good ideas for Coventry? I have a meeting there..and Friday morning provisionally booked off

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    Any good ideas for Coventry? I have a meeting there..and Friday morning provisionally booked off
    The 2 that immediately spring to mind are the Whitefriars Olde Ale House and the Old Windmill
    Waes hael!

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    I'd strongly recommend Whitefriars Olde Ale House and Town Wall Tavern as stand-outs from my mini-crawl after a meeting at Warwick (ha ha!) Uni. Old Windmill Inn and The Gatehouse were also both pretty tidy.