Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New pubs visited 2012

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Had a good day in Sheffield yesterday, and the only downside was that the Harlequin opens at 12 instead of 11.30 which was a bit of a blow. Started in the Tap which opened before 11 so was a good start, but we got to Harlequin 11.30 to find door closed. I tried it and went in as it opened. We were looking along the pump clips when we were told we had to leave as they are now 12 opening. A bit of a dilemma as all the other pubs along there are 12 opening so the Harlequin slotted in nicely. Got to the Gardeners Rest about 11.45 and were let in. Don't mind if we have to wait to get served. Just great to get in. Had 5 in there as there were 2 Brightside beers and 3 from By The Horns brewery, all very good too. Had a couple in the Fat Cat, a couple in the Kelham Island Tavern, and 3 in the Shakespeare.

Oh and back to this thread, we went to a pub new to us, the Rutland in town centre. Very good choice of beers and in good nick too. It has been well reviewed but I added ours about the beers, so I have done one pub new to me so far this year. Difficult to stray when in Sheffield as I want to go to too many old favourites.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

This Space For Hire

Did a couple of new ones today. Stalybridge Buffet Bar, and the Riverhead Tap in Marsden. I'd have done more, but the trains were absolutely knackered around Huddersfield today!

popped into the Volunteer Arms in York for the first time today, excellent choice and quality plus something for almost everyone on the bar. A fulll review will appear in the fullness of time otherwise I did just a few of the usual York pubs, including the Maltings and York Tap - updated reviews of each to follow.

I did try some of Yorkshire' s latest brewery's beer in the Ackhorne - TREBOOM Drumbeat (a York Guzzler / Golden Pippin clone) ok but nowhere as good as the Hardknott Code Black in the York Tap.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    popped into the Volunteer Arms in York for the first time today, excellent choice and quality plus something for almost everyone on the bar. A fulll review will appear in the fullness of time otherwise I did just a few of the usual York pubs, including the Maltings and York Tap - updated reviews of each to follow.

I did try some of Yorkshire' s latest brewery's beer in the Ackhorne - TREBOOM Drumbeat (a York Guzzler / Golden Pippin clone) ok but nowhere as good as the Hardknott Code Black in the York Tap.
    Ah so it was open then, I was seriously disappointed with the York Tap over New Year with their opening hours.

I will never understand why pubs think they can be flippant with their opening hours at the times when most people are off work.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

I have managed to clock up 8 new reviews ,of which 2 were previously unreviewed "virgin"pubs.Not a bad start to the year by my standards and already one outstanding visit to The York ,Broomhill,Sheffield.

Most new reviews this year I expect will be pubs within walking distance of a canal or river and if these are virgin pubs and not in the GBG ,then they really are a complete shot in the dark.I always work on the principal that fortune favours the brave

Then of course there are always the PuG tours,a useful source of new reviews if I can remember to take some notes and not rely on a memory addled by beer There are still a couple of pubs from Nottingham that I visited but that's about all I could reasonably say ,fortunately they are well reviewed by others

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    I
    There are still a couple of pubs from Nottingham that I visited but that's about all I could reasonably say ,fortunately they are well reviewed by others
    My problem too. Good intentions at the start of the day, but by the time I get to write reviews I sometimes fail to imagine the inside of the place and just have my beer list to remind me.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

A trip to Bloxwich yesterday has given me 6 new pubs bringing my total to 14 so far.

Not much else planned for this month but an average of 14 a month will easily do for my 150 target

Del.
    Last edited by Delboy20; 03-02-2012 at 19:23. Reason: Can't count !!

I am a salmon !!

No new pubs today but two more new beers to add to the six new ones I tried yesterday, new thread anyone?

6 new pubs Friday night in Crouch End but my expected North London Line pub crawl on Saturday didn't get any further than the Southampton Arms in Gospel Oak for varying reasons. 4 days in Devon this week should notch up a few.

Off to Luton on the 24th for a conference at Bedfordshire Uni which happily for me is slap bang the town centre. With a bit of luck I'll get 7 (seven) new ones.