Ads not shown when logged in
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: New pubs visited 2012

Just got my century today with eight new pubs in Leeds.
    Come On You Hatters!

Managed 4 new ones in Whitstable / Seasalter on Saturday making 188 for the year so far but still 17 behind where I should be. Off to a Music Festival Margate way next Saturday and staying overnight so might be able to notch up a few on the Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    I’ve been to one new pub since the PG outing to Carshalton a month ago.
    I’ve now been to one new pub in the last two months!

This is due to the crap weather, moving house and having birthday bashes and weddings to go to at the weekends. The kids are at home now for the next six weeks which will limit my expeditions, but I’m hoping to get out for a couple of South Coast all-dayers using the Southern Trains Downlander pass which costs £10.

Travel to and from any location in the South Downs area by Southern train services (including Brighton, Southampton, Portsmouth, Bognor Regis, Haywards Heath, Chichester, Eastbourne, Hastings, Rye and Ashford) and have unlimited bus travel within the Downs area.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    I’ve now been to one new pub in the last two months!

This is due to the crap weather, moving house and having birthday bashes and weddings to go to at the weekends. The kids are at home now for the next six weeks which will limit my expeditions, but I’m hoping to get out for a couple of South Coast all-dayers using the Southern Trains Downlander pass which costs £10.

Travel to and from any location in the South Downs area by Southern train services (including Brighton, Southampton, Portsmouth, Bognor Regis, Haywards Heath, Chichester, Eastbourne, Hastings, Rye and Ashford) and have unlimited bus travel within the Downs area.
    If you get to Pompey let me know & maybe we can meet up & I will buy you pint
    I drink to make others more interesting

I'm not sure that I'll get that far west, but if I do I'll let you know.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Just back from a 5 day holiday, visited many new pubs and if I can ever get logged back in to the review section [password problems persist] I will post them up, they include the following towns / cities

St Albans, King's Lynn, Hunstanton [awful], Bury St Edmunds [great, smallest pub in UK], Ely, Cambridge & Oxford including Turf Tavern
    I drink to make others more interesting

Now on 196 following a weekend in Margate & Birchington. Not sure where the next batch will come from!

July's count is a measly 14 making 122 for the year. Slowing down, but still on target for 150 by December 31.

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    Had a good day in Burton with 11 new pubs putting me up to 99.
    17 new pubs during a week in Wiltshire a couple of weeks back and 4 new pubs in Stourbridge at the weekend puts me up to 120.

I am a salmon !!

Just been reading through a few posts on this thread and are quite impressed with the the number of pubs some of you guys get through.Its never been a target of mine to aim for,I like to try a new pub or two on a day out were possible but include pubs I know I am going to enjoy as well,I could be missing out on "some hidden gems",(a phrase that annoys me intensely ,but have no idea why,overuse maybe),but also could be confronted with a day of disaster,which with travel and beer costs I couldn't or wouldn't wish to endure to often,hence the play safe bit and include just two or three newbies a time.Having said that ,my recent solo trip to Oxford(my drinking excursions usually number between three and six attendees) was my first ever trip there for drinking purposes and returned a success rate of 6/8. ,happy with that.
    Just had a quick count of my new pubs this year to date and it totals a pathetic seventeen,that works out at half a pub a week so far.Maybe next year I will extend myself a little further.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields