Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New pubs visited 2012

Default New pubs visited 2012

There seem to be a few of us with personal missions to visit new pubs so I thought it might be worth a thread that we can update through the year.

I will start with 8 clocked up so far.

Not a bad start for the first week of the year !!

Del.

I am a salmon !!

I'm on 29 for the year so far as the beer gods havelooked upon me very favourably indeed. I’m sure it’ll not last though as I canfeel the clouds of sobriety amassing in my wallet.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

I have a continuing mission to boldly go where no man has gone before........ But no specific set targets for the year, although I would like to get to 200 pubs hitherto not reviewed by yours truly. I quite like to go to pubs that nobody has so far reviewed - virgin pubs as it were - sometimes I see these as some sort of magical mystery tour. But, like Strongers I'm sure, I do end up in pubs that are anything but magical!

Anyway, I've clocked up 9 new pubs so far, 5 of which were "virgins". Not in the same league as Strongers, but a reasonable start to the year.

To avoid me falling into OCD pit, I will take things as they come this year. Though with my footy trips with Roger, I suspect there'll be a fair few coming...

Now we get into definitons - of the 12 pubs I've visited so far this year, 10 are new in that I haven't previously reviewed them, while only 9 are new in that I haven't been in them before.

As far as OCD tendencies go, the only lists I follow are GBG as a first off, then JDW to use the vouchers (trying to clock up 44 pints in JDWs to get my CAMRA sub back - same logic that Mrs A uses when she buys stuff in the sales that we don't want because it's at a reduced price).

I have not actually been in a pub yet this year but I've "visited" 187 on google street level to correct them. Its a great way to see all these pubs without the inconvenience of getting there and spending money on beer!

So are these pubs that have been added to the database, or first ever review on the database, or the reviewer's personal first review for that pub?

I've done 2 so far (don't get out much!) one was a first review for PuG, the other a first visit by myself. Both occasions were disappointing.

I wonder how many first reviews of pubs that score highly (say above 8) and that the reviewer would definitely want to go back to there will be among these figures.

My personal definition of "new" are pubs that I haven't visited since I started reviewing about 4 years ago.

Number of new pubs this year so far is 0.

Hopefully this will change tomorrow when I'm aiming to visit 4 or 5 pubs that I haven't been in for at least 10 years plus 2 more that are "virgins" to me.

Of these 3 don't have any kind of review yet.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

A year or two ago I made up a list of pubs in the B postcode area that were on site and hadn't got a review, one pub for each postcode area, and thought it would be great getting the reviews. When away in Cornwall I applied the same idea to going to a town and reviewing pubs that had no reviews, but although I did a few towns I found it depressing in that pubs had gone, changed from a pub etc and gave up on the idea in the end as I want to enjoy a drink at the end of a slog round a town.

I'm afraid I am back to what I used to do and that is aim for GBG pubs followed by JDW's and then if I have time have a look at others in the vicinity that need reviews.

So far this year I have only done 3 pubs that are already reviewed, and I am off to Sheffield for the day tomorrow, and will likely only do reviewd pubs there. Looking forward to reviewing Bag O' Nails in Bristol on 28th though. Sounds like Luke doing a good job getting his ales in there from his twitter feeds.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Very lightweight, one so far, but it was never reviewed or even had a pic on PuG, plus bunged in a new one to PuG

I suspect my total will be quite low because of wallet, liver & tending to go back where I know things are OK