Had a good day in Sheffield yesterday, and the only downside was that the Harlequin opens at 12 instead of 11.30 which was a bit of a blow. Started in the Tap which opened before 11 so was a good start, but we got to Harlequin 11.30 to find door closed. I tried it and went in as it opened. We were looking along the pump clips when we were told we had to leave as they are now 12 opening. A bit of a dilemma as all the other pubs along there are 12 opening so the Harlequin slotted in nicely. Got to the Gardeners Rest about 11.45 and were let in. Don't mind if we have to wait to get served. Just great to get in. Had 5 in there as there were 2 Brightside beers and 3 from By The Horns brewery, all very good too. Had a couple in the Fat Cat, a couple in the Kelham Island Tavern, and 3 in the Shakespeare.

Oh and back to this thread, we went to a pub new to us, the Rutland in town centre. Very good choice of beers and in good nick too. It has been well reviewed but I added ours about the beers, so I have done one pub new to me so far this year. Difficult to stray when in Sheffield as I want to go to too many old favourites.