Ads not shown when logged in
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: New pubs visited 2012

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

38 new ones for me now, exactly half of Roger's earlier published total. Mid table mediocrity is fine for me I think.

Going on a crawl of Newhaven tomorrow and doing a walk from Sutton to Morden via East Croyden on Saturday. Sutton is the last of the thirty odd London boroughs that I've not been to.
    Next time I'm up in London I'm going to try and do the last 6 of the 119 inner london postcodes that I have left, Camberwell, Peckham, Catford, Dulwich, East Dulwich and Streatham... can't wait!!!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post

Going on a crawl of Newhaven tomorrow and doing a walk from Sutton to Morden via East Croyden on Saturday. Sutton is the last of the thirty odd London boroughs that I've not been to.
    Next time I'm up in London I'm going to try and do the last 6 of the 119 inner london postcodes that I have left, Camberwell, Peckham, Catford, Dulwich, East Dulwich and Streatham... can't wait!!!
    I managed to go in a quick 7 pubs in Sutton and these were decent pubs 3 Youngs and 2 Fullers, i also went in 5 pubs in Streatham you will be in for a treat drinking there only done 2 in Camberwell when on a crawl round Brixton.

I think the way you are getting around new pubs is great,at that rate you will probably have been in more pubs than i have

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    i also went in 5 pubs in Streatham you will be in for a treat drinking there :

Streatham has probably improved since your visit Alan, Earl Ferrers, Leigham Arms, Manor Arms, The Holland Tringham(JDW) and if open now, Pratt and Payne, the former Goose, should all be worth a punt.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    Streatham has probably improved since your visit Alan, Earl Ferrers, Leigham Arms, Manor Arms, The Holland Tringham(JDW) and if open now, Pratt and Payne, the former Goose, should all be worth a punt.
    The Pratts and Payne is now open. Camberwell isn't the glowing Mecca of destination pubs, but The Tiger (another Antic pub), and The Bear (foody, but did a couple of London Fields ales) are worth a punt.

Well I'm sitting at southease station as I was going to do the abergavenny, but no chance. This place is in the middle of nowhere with long dirt tracks in and out. I actually have a little torch as I've found myself in the pitch black wilderness before... shame the battery has run out. I'm sure I can hear some squealing pigs and deep south banjo music coming from the field opposite.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Spritzer Swallower

Hi all,
    As a newbie to this forum i would like to say hello, and if any of you are in the South East, i have just bought The Seahorse Pub in Greatstone. myself and my wife are trying to turn it round at the moment and we would welcome any of the old regulars and even some new ones in to meet us try our Ales (we have guest Ales every week now not just London Pride)... i would also like to know if anyone can help me update the details for the pub on here as a few of the details are wrong i.e. address and name to start with! and i would like to add the website Facebook page etc.... anyway if anyone can help or the admin team are reading pppllleeaassee help.
    Hope your all well guys and i look forward to welcoming you into our establishment
    cheers
    Danny

Quote Originally Posted by DANNYCR View Post
    Hi all,
    As a newbie to this forum i would like to say hello, and if any of you are in the South East, i have just bought The Seahorse Pub in Greatstone. myself and my wife are trying to turn it round at the moment and we would welcome any of the old regulars and even some new ones in to meet us try our Ales (we have guest Ales every week now not just London Pride)... i would also like to know if anyone can help me update the details for the pub on here as a few of the details are wrong i.e. address and name to start with! and i would like to add the website Facebook page etc.... anyway if anyone can help or the admin team are reading pppllleeaassee help.
    Hope your all well guys and i look forward to welcoming you into our establishment
    cheers
    Danny
    Danny, I'm sure an admin will be along soon but if you head to the "that doesn't go there" bit of the forum you should be able to record your current stuff and get it updated subject to checking. Good luck and hello!

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    I did'nt see the first three pubs on your list and the spoons wasnt there,i only went there for the Youngs houses

Pub visited were

White Lion crap pub keg beer
    Goose crap pub GK IPA
    Bedford Park not bad Youngs house beer was crap
    Pied Bull decent pub and decent Youngs bitter
    Greyhound not a bad pub but keg beers on the bar,

all pubs visited on 7 Jan 2006.

Ime glad its improved since i went there.

Al 3000R

Congratulations to Alan Winfield on reaching 3,000 reviews.
    Well done. I enjoy reading your entries.