Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Norwich

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

Default Norwich

National Express are offering a bunch of £5 tickets for a limited period.Small print includes "Book between 3rd and 20th January 2012 inclusive, for travel from 21st January and 14th April 2012".

Any interest? Never been myself, but I believe that there's a fair number of decent pubs. This is more interesting to London and South-East based PuGgers: I'm not sure that you'd be able to get these tickets on cross-country routes (and Norwich is a heck of a long way from anywhere!).
    Keeping breweries in business for more than 40() years

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Like you,never been to Norwich but it does look good on the ale and pub front.I would be interested in a trip up there and that offer by NXEA does look very good.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

High on my target list, and remiss of me not to mention it as a 2012 mission.
    My list of must-do pubs numbers 17, all worthy of at least one joker; I'd need a few days there, methinks, but my schedule makes it unlikely to be this early.
    Last edited by trainman; 08-01-2012 at 09:15.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

We did Norwich about 3 years in a row staying in the caravan for a week when the beer festival was on in October (beautiful venue in an old church) , and always enjoyed the afternoons when the fest closed to have a wander round the pubs in Norwich, or bus out to Geldeston, Beccles, Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft to name a few places to check out GBG pubs there. Haven't been for a couple of years now, but looks like the pubs have gone from strength to strength from what I have read elsewhere. Don't think any visitors would be disappointed.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

I've done a couple of pubs in Norwich (including the excellent Fat Cat) but not had an extensive pub visit. I quite fancy it but will need to look at the logistics. I was hoping to combine a Spurs away trip with a weekend session to kill the proverbial brace of birds but the match was scheduled for Boxing Day so I steered clear. Sod's law is that they then changed it to the following day for TV and I could have done something around the new date if I had cottened on in time. Maybe next seson.

Well, I went ahead with it, and booked a return for Friday 30th March. The offer runs for a few more days, if anyone's interested. Some of the Saturdays seem to be beset with engineering works, hence the Friday trip.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulOfHorsham View Post
    Well, I went ahead with it, and booked a return for Friday 30th March.
    Sadly that's one date that I already have something in the diary,so hope you have a great day and look forward to reading the reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulOfHorsham View Post
    Well, I went ahead with it, and booked a return for Friday 30th March. The offer runs for a few more days, if anyone's interested. Some of the Saturdays seem to be beset with engineering works, hence the Friday trip.
    I may join you - will confirm later. £5 tix are still available. Waiting to hear from a mate as he may be interested too.

Oh, right. I'm travelling out on the 09:30, returning on the 20:00. I expect to wander about being a tourist with a camera for a few hours, so don't worry about making such an early start.

I can get the day off work so will be joining the 09:30 train too (but returning a bit earlier on the 18:30).