Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Hoppy's Pub Crawl plan for 9th Feb

  1. #1
    Official JDW Tester hopwas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tamworth
    Posts
    1,340

    Default Hoppy's Pub Crawl plan for 9th Feb

    Hi fellow PG forumers,

    Many of you know I regularly do pub crawls around in Midlands..

    I have decided go for something different.. something I have never done.

    What I will do is tick off JDWs in each area, Borough, District in B'ham/Black Country many I can. Only I can use bus not trams or trains. I got advantage of tick off JDWs as they open earlier at 9am giving me plenty of times to get around.

    JDWs I will be aiming for is.. ( in no particular order)

    The Hornet, Alum Rock (only JDW I never been in North East B'ham)
    The Arthur Roberston, Perry Barr (Brand new JDW opened two weeks ago)
    The Billiard Hall, West Bromwich
    The Elizabeth of York, Moseley (revisit)
    Pear Tree, Kings Heath (revisit)
    The William Shenstone, Halesowen.

    Possibly (If I got the time)..

    The Edward Rutland, Stourbridge
    The Bellweather, Wednesbury
    The Imperial, Walsall (It would be my final JDW of the day as they do have bus back to Lichfield)
    plus few others I havent decided yet.
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

  2. #2
    Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Horndean, Hants
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Pub crawls set me thinking, I don't "do" crawls as such, and round here pubs open midday or even later

    However what I will do come the finer weather & lighter days is do a long crawl along the River Meon pubs, there are many that either back onto, or have it running nearby

    Not plotted the route yet but the source is between Clanfield & East Meon so looks like the two pubs in East Meon will be the start point, as no buses out in the sticks it will have to be driving, so limits the drinking & pubs

    BTW, as a spin off from the train station thread, Google Maps seems to thing the Meon starts at Warnford [George & Falcon], luckily I know better

  3. #3
    Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Staffs
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    The Clifden in Sedgley has re-opened Hoppy, i did visit, so read my review - i am sure you will take no notice, Squire!

    I am doing Walsall on Friday and Gornal on Sunday - oh what a pain!
    MILD:

  4. #4
    This Space For Hire Delboy20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Black Country
    Posts
    921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    Hi fellow PG forumers,

    Many of you know I regularly do pub crawls around in Midlands..

    I have decided go for something different.. something I have never done.

    What I will do is tick off JDWs in each area, Borough, District in B'ham/Black Country many I can. Only I can use bus not trams or trains. I got advantage of tick off JDWs as they open earlier at 9am giving me plenty of times to get around.

    JDWs I will be aiming for is.. ( in no particular order)

    The Hornet, Alum Rock (only JDW I never been in North East B'ham)
    The Arthur Roberston, Perry Barr (Brand new JDW opened two weeks ago)
    The Billiard Hall, West Bromwich
    The Elizabeth of York, Moseley (revisit)
    Pear Tree, Kings Heath (revisit)
    The William Shenstone, Halesowen.

    Possibly (If I got the time)..

    The Edward Rutland, Stourbridge
    The Bellweather, Wednesbury
    The Imperial, Walsall (It would be my final JDW of the day as they do have bus back to Lichfield)
    plus few others I havent decided yet.
    Hi Hoppy,

    Been in all those apart from the new one at Perry Barr. You could try and fit Blackheath, Cradley Heath, Dudley or Merry Hill (2 there) in.
    Cradley Heath is my home town and possibly one of the worst wethers I have ever been in !!!

    Cheers,

    Del.

  5. #5
    Official JDW Tester hopwas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tamworth
    Posts
    1,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    Hi Hoppy,

    Been in all those apart from the new one at Perry Barr. You could try and fit Blackheath, Cradley Heath, Dudley or Merry Hill (2 there) in.
    Cradley Heath is my home town and possibly one of the worst wethers I have ever been in !!!

    Cheers,

    Del.
    According to my JDW directory

    There is no JDW in Blackheath unless it is new JDW. Merry Hill is bit out of place for me.

    Noted down The Moon under the water, Cradley Heath. thanks!

    Hoppy
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

  6. #6
    Official JDW Tester hopwas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tamworth
    Posts
    1,340

    Default

    Hey Delboy..

    Map for one in Perry Barr.. You can see "Argos Extra" on map. That's where The Arthur Robertson is now situated

    http://www.onestop-shopping.co.uk/stores.php

    Hope this helps

    Hoppy
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

  7. #7
    This Space For Hire Delboy20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Black Country
    Posts
    921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    According to my JDW directory

    There is no JDW in Blackheath unless it is new JDW. Merry Hill is bit out of place for me.

    Noted down The Moon under the water, Cradley Heath. thanks!

    Hoppy
    Hey Hoppy,

    It is listed under Rowley Regis - The Britannia -http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/56994/

    Used to be called The Travellers Rest many years ago

    Cheers,

    Del.

  8. #8
    Official JDW Tester hopwas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tamworth
    Posts
    1,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    Hey Hoppy,

    It is listed under Rowley Regis - The Britannia -http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/56994/

    Used to be called The Travellers Rest many years ago

    Cheers,

    Del.
    Thats what I thought. Already noted down.. Easy and nice short trip from Rowley Regis and Cradley Heath.

    Oh do you know what bus number that goes from Rowley to Cradley.

    Cheers

    Hoppy
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

  9. #9
    We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    down 'ere, from oop there
    Posts
    1,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    ... it will have to be driving
    Sorry Farway, the objective will be defeated at the outset!

  10. #10
    This Space For Hire arwkrite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North Herefordshire
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    Hi Hoppy,
    .
    Cradley Heath is my home town and possibly one of the worst wethers I have ever been in



    .
    As I my have said before the 'Spoons in Kidderminster had a suicidal air about it. I dont mind the select club of no hopers you always get in JDWs ,for who knows what the future may hold for one, but this lot had even given up on that. Perhaps its just the fact that they live Kidderminster. I could not wait to get out of the place, a feeling I normally get when violence is about to breakout, before depression induced communal self harm began .Never been back since.

    I could always do a crawl of Bromyard pubs, all five of them, all situated along the main street and no transport costs.Trouble is there's no sense of adventure. I think I may be feeling depressed,JdWs in Kidderminster is begining to look good..

Similar Threads

  1. Hoppy's Announcement
    By hopwas in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25-01-2010, 10:56
  2. A pub crawl and a festival
    By Eddie86 in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22-01-2010, 14:00
  3. Now this is a pub crawl !!
    By Delboy20 in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-11-2009, 13:40
  4. My new pub crawl Oct 5th
    By hopwas in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22-09-2007, 10:34
  5. Derby pub crawl
    By hopwas in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 15:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •