Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: brewdog Nottingham, Leeds and Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    They mentioned it on the AGM blog..
    Ah yes, indeed they did at the bottom. Fair enough.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Had a quick look see at the site when I was in Leeds last week. It's adjacent to the right hand side of Pizza Express, behind the Corn Exchange. It's surprisingly small, 'bijou' in estate agent parlance, or what Father Jack would call 'feckin' tiny'. As the Pizza Express courtyard is directly behind, there's no apparent room for expansion either. So as well as keg beer, you'll be standing cheek by jowl with the riverside uber-trendies. Can't wait.
    Brewdog Leeds not given licensing permission Bloody idiot councillors not understanding craft beer.
    Well, well. It all sounds back on again. According to the Leeds CAMRA's September online newsletter:

'BrewDog brewery have been granted a licence to open a bar in Leeds near the Corn Exchange, it should be ready early 2013.'

A little late to enable you to stagger back to Dock Street, Spinko, but I'm sure you'll manage it someday.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Well, well. It all sounds back on again. According to the Leeds CAMRA's September online newsletter:

'BrewDog brewery have been granted a licence to open a bar in Leeds near the Corn Exchange, it should be ready early 2013.'

A little late to enable you to stagger back to Dock Street, Spinko, but I'm sure you'll manage it someday.
    I believe this is the same venue as last time..

I've not been to Manchester Brewdog for a few weeks now. Would rather go to Port St and sample their wares in somewhere with a more varied selection, a more comfortable feel..and for less.

I think they may be experiencing the same problem as Thornbridge Jaipur - they were innovative once, but now others are copying their innovation and improving on it.

I wonder if Magic Rock fancy opening up any bars...

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

I think they may be experiencing the same problem as Thornbridge Jaipur - they were innovative once, but now others are copying their innovation and improving on it.

I wonder if Magic Rock fancy opening up any bars...
    Certainly agree with your first point and can only dream about the second.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

I believe this is the same venue as last time..

I think they may be experiencing the same problem as Thornbridge Jaipur - they were innovative once, but now others are copying their innovation and improving on it
    I still haven't tried this on handpump-I was in a London pub in July with a half drunk pint of one of Moor's unfiltered beers when I saw it on the bar.Unfortunately my train was imminent, and the pub was further from the station than it was thirty years ago.
    We are going to Derbyshire in December and I really don't want to be disappointed, though I have a feeling that Kipling is more to my taste.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

I'm a bit puzzled by some of the comments on this thread, there is a vast difference between the old "keg" as is still used for most lagers from the global corporate abominations and the newer Keykeg which I understand is a system imported from the American "Craft" brewers (I think the description is justified over there).

Do Brewdog use the old "keg" system where there is a CO2 cylinder directly attached to a keg, or the more elaborate KeyKeg where gas pressure is applied to an enclosed globe of beer.

My local brew pub the King William IV has 11 KeyKeg Fonts and I can assure you that the beer is not gassy, but it is cold. It costs 85p more than cask, but if you are getting a 10% beer served in a pint lined goblet for £3.20 then that most certainly isn't a rip off!

This Space For Hire

hi,i am new to this forum.Brewdog have taken over Mason and Taylors Shoreditch and will open as the latest Brewdog bar in a few weeks time.and yes Brewdog beer is too gassy.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    hi,i am new to this forum.Brewdog have taken over Mason and Taylors Shoreditch and will open as the latest Brewdog bar in a few weeks time.and yes Brewdog beer is too gassy.
    Hi London Calling and welcome, you will soon realise that this forum has a number of sad old gits like myself who can hardly operate a mouse but by hook or by crook manage to post on these forums.

If Brewdog beers are gassy then they must be using the keg with the CO2 cylinder applied directly to the beer, which makes it a deal breaker for me on top of the inflated prices.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post

Do Brewdog use the old "keg" system where there is a CO2 cylinder directly attached to a keg, or the more elaborate KeyKeg where gas pressure is applied to an enclosed globe of beer.
    I am no expert on how to serve keg beers but on my trip to BrewDog Camden the pints I had were very heavily carbonated.I think this is what BrewDog are trying to achieve along with serving their beers at much lower temperatures than cask ale.I assumed that given the volume of the beers that they were selling over there ,that they were using top pressure CO2 on regular kegs .Backing up what london calling was saying.

Great user name by the way,I have a few Tull albums in the attic somewhere.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post

If Brewdog beers are gassy then they must be using the keg with the CO2 cylinder applied directly to the beer, which makes it a deal breaker for me on top of the inflated prices.
    There is no if about it Brewdogs beers are far too gassy,i had a half of 5AM Saint in Brewdog In Nottingham and this was far too gassy if i had had any more of this drink i would'nt be here now i would have floated off into outer space.
    I have been in one Brewdog got ripped off for a overpriced gassy drink, i will never go in one again.