Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Pub of the Year 2011.

The Baum will always be my local pub of the year but.....

The Marble Arch & The Knott in Manchester, Guildford Arms in Edinburgh, Newcastle Arms & Bacchus in Newcastle, Dun Cow & The Victoria in Durham, Brunswick in Derby, Mr Foleys in Leeds, The Old Bell in Harrogate, Vat & Fiddle & Salutation in Nottingham, Fly In The Loaf & Roscoe Head in Liverpool.

Any of these could have won as I've visited them all this year and there are probably loads more if I think about it.

Runner Up will be Victoria Inn. An absolute gem and one of my local haunts when I worked in Durham

Which reminds me I must write up a review.

But I'm going to go for The Brunswick Inn.

Love the place, especially in Winter with the real fires going. We'll be back there, probably more than once in February.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

I'm finally back from my annual Christmas trip to the Netherlands, so may I first of all wish everyone a belated Happy New Year - hope you all enjoyed yourselves this Christmas.

I've got a bit of catching up to do on the forums, but I thought I'd start with this thread, as it's a bit of a no brainer for me.

My POTY goes to the Grove in Huddersfield. I had the pleasure of visiting this place in May and again last month and it is probably as close to the perfect pub as I have ever found. An extemely rare 10/10.

The closest contender is the Halfway House in Brenchley, Kent. Walking into this pub was a jaw dropping experience and it remains the best example of an English countryside pub that I've encountered.

I gave 18 pubs a 9/10 rating this year and from that fine selection I will also mention The Brewery Tap in Peterborough, The Black Boy in Winchester, The Craft Beer Co in London, The Vat and Fiddle in Nottingham and The Sair Inn in Linthwaite.

This Space For Hire

Mr Foley's in Leeds - the only craft beer bar I know of that also has live sports.

Honorable mentions also go to Port St Beer House, the Euston Tap, Hop&Vine in Hull, the Grove in Huddersfield, Bacchus in Newcastle, and the Anchor in Birmingham.