Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Pub of the Year 2011.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Default Your Pub of the Year 2011.

If this was just down to beer quality,and coincidently price, then The Dragon Inn in Worcester would win hands down,but thinking about the complete experience my Pub of the Year goes to Coopers Tavern in Burton on Trent.

A real pleasure to drink in,good ale,great interior,friendly and welcoming it ticked all the boxes in this famous brewing town.

What was your favourite in 2011 ?

This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar

What was your favourite in 2011 ?

I have to say I have a few favourites found in 2011. My overall winner is the Victoria in Beeston, about a 6 min train journey out of Nottingham. It's a Victorian red brick building with sash windows and loads of original interior. A friendly welcome was well received and a good choice of ales. The lounge on the right still has the station waiting room feel about it and with the no mobiles policy, I thought it was fab - sitting back relaxing over a good pint on a Sat lunch time reading the newspaper.
    Last edited by Real Ale Ray; 31-12-2011 at 16:39.

This is a difficult one and my mind has changed several times, but a pub that was exactly what I wanted at the time earning a very rare 10/10 I'm going to say the Six Bells in Chiddingly.

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/60446/
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

As others have said, this is a tough question. But I think my vote goes to The Hope, in Carshalton.

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/35464/

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Definitely a tough call, loads of old favourites in the frame but if I'm going to select a pub that was new to me last year, then the accolade goes to Guildford Arms in Edinburgh.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Some fabulous pubs on many hugely enjoyable crawls including Black Country, Brum, Nottingham, wonderful Sheffield, Wakefield, Leeds, but my gong still resides at Stockport's Crown Inn

I'll stay on me own

I agreee this is an hard question,but i will only give it to a new pub to me over the last year and i have visited 161 new pubs in 2011.

The 5 runners and riders are

Sun Inn in acomb york
    Snowshill Arms in Snowshill
    Mount Inn in Stanton
    Fox Inn in Monkton Green
    Chandlers Arms in Shearsby

After much deliberation my pub of the year goes to the Mount Inn in Stanton,a Donnington tied house visited on a great day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    This is a difficult one and my mind has changed several times, but a pub that was exactly what I wanted at the time earning a very rare 10/10 I'm going to say the Six Bells in Chiddingly.

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/60446/
    Excellent pub-I gave it a rare 8 when I reviewed it on the Other Side in 2008. Unfortunately, haven't managed to go back since.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

As a family of Bumpkins, we tend to stick to country pubs, so my country pub of the year is The Cricketers at Berwick in East Sussex. Wonderfully kept Harveys-not just Sussex BB as it is a tied house, good food and an attractive garden-important this!What's more, the beer is served by gravity.
    On the urban front, I'll nominate the Blue Bell in Fossgate, York, a proper temple to ale.
    Last edited by Wittenden; 02-01-2012 at 18:47.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

I'm with Mr Fastard on both The Dragon and The Coopers Tavern and it's with great sadness that I seeThe Smithfield http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/7223/ in Derby has closed as it was my favourite in the city and had one of the best ale selections I've ever seen. So it falls to The Bartons Arms http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/53682/ in Aston to take my Pub of the Year. A fabulous and unspoiled Victorian interior packed with features and teamed with top quality Oakham ale. If that's not enough, the Thai food served in the restaurant at the back is outstanding and goes very well with the ale.
    Last edited by Thuck Phat; 03-01-2012 at 10:45.