Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Some Cumbria corrections and changes

Default Some Cumbria corrections and changes

In Wigton:

The Black A Moor Hotel should be spelt with hyphens, thus: Black-a-moor Hotel. (See photo of front of pub.)

The sign on the Lion & Lamb depicts only the former of the two beasts, and there is no mention of the latter (see my photo). I don't know if this is enough for you to change the name – the front of the pub has no signage, only the hanging inn sign.

TheThrostle Nest Inn should be The Throstles Nest (with an 's' but no apostrophe).

In Ambleside:

The Churchill Hotel is now called The Churchill Inn, though there is still a window with “The Churchill Hotel” etched in the glass, and the signs on the front say variously Churchills and Churchill's. As the website has also now changed to The Churchill Inn, I suggest we follow that.

I'm not sure that the Cellar Bar (Queens Hotel) merits a separate entry from The Queens Hotel. It is literally just another bar in the same establishment. If it was the only bar at the Queens I wouldn't bring this up, but their website makes it clear that it is just another part of the hotel, which has another bar open to the public. I appreciate that someone must have felt there was a good reason to add it, and deleting it would be awkward as there are some photos (though no review). I leave it up to you.

Lucys 4 Wine Bar may have started out with that name, but they seem to have got carried away with the puns and it is now Lucy4 (pronounced Lucifer?).

Lake Road Wine Bar is now The Fothergang Bar & Bistro.

In Keswick: The Keswick Lodge has been renamed The Inn at Keswick, though why anyone thought that was a good idea is beyond me.

Cheers
    Come On You Hatters!

Administrator

Hi sheffield hatter,

We have corrected the names of Black-A-Moor, The Lion, The Throstles Nest, Churchills Inn, Lucy4, The Fothergang Bar & Bistro and The Inn at Keswick.

Wherever there is a doubt on the name we try and prefer the hanging sign.

For the Queens Hotel, the extensive use of the word another in your explanation makes me think it is another entry.