Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What did Santa bring you ??

Some very nice shaving soap from Mrs TP and absolutely nothing beer related. Is she trying to tell me something?

I did though receive Viz's The Cleveland Steamer book which has a couple of cracking 'Real Ale Twats' in it. Those boys at Viz do a fine line in well observed, irreverent humour.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

No beer related at all, did however get a [very welcome] bottle of Teacher's

Also got an upset tum + heavy cold

Not my best ever Christmas it must be said

I got a puzzle depicting lots of drunkards in a pub, but I received no useful alcoholic items.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

I'll stay on me own

I got a really good early Christmas present from my brother a 4 gallon box with Nottingham brewery Rock bitter in it,this tastes just like the real thing in our local pubs
    and the bonus is that i have been relialby informed that i should get about 42 pint out of it.

I thought this was a really great present and i am drinking it while writing this post which is getting more difficult as i have been drinking in some of Nottinghams finest pubs since 11.30 today

Thats the first time i have done the extra ones not sure how i managed to get 4 of them on there, ho well.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    I got a really good early Christmas present from my brother a 4 gallon box with Nottingham brewery Rock bitter in it,this tastes just like the real thing in our local pubs
    and the bonus is that i have been relialby informed that i should get about 42 pint out of it.

I thought this was a really great present and i am drinking it while writing this post which is getting more difficult as i have been drinking in some of Nottinghams finest pubs since 11.30 today

Thats the first time i have done the extra ones not sure how i managed to get 4 of them on there, ho well.
    Ho well indeed, time to ditch this puzzle and head to Al's for a lash up!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Still a couple of family meet ups to go, but nothing beer related at all, so far! Must be a first. Apart from the inevitable books and CDs, which I love, my pride and joy is a huge cast iron casserole dish, which I hope to christen at the weekend, with something like lamb shanks cooked in red wine.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Nothing beer related for me, which was most odd, however Mrs B gave me a bottle of Glen Morangie and my dear old mum provided a bottle of Laphroaig as a contrast, I love them both (the malts that is) .

The son & heir made do with a pack of Famous Grouse truffles.

I'll stay on me own

Cider, what else? In this case some rather pleasant limited edition bottles produced in order to raise funds for Wells Cathedral.

They will go nicely with the "Zider Eye Up" t-shirt that I got last year.

I also got a cookery book where all the recipes used beer as an ingredient - think Beeramisu instead of Tiramisu! Plus a couple of bottles to get me started!
    Last edited by Blackthorn; 31-12-2011 at 15:11.