Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What brought Pubs Galore to your attention?

This Space For Hire

As a relative new comer to the site and the forum I stumbled on it as a resource for completing a personal challenge to have a pint in every pub in the Greater Bristol area with a friend, an ongoing challenge which has seen both focus and neglect over the last decade and beyond.

As mentioned I'd seen BITE but it didn't appear to have the copy and paste facility I needed to document pubs visited for my personal information. I've misplaced the ripped pages from the Yellow Pages ~2000 with all the ticks against the pubs visited and all the messily scrawled additions when a pub wasn't listed. The quest is coming to a conculsion now and after discovering the site am considering the blog/legacy to now be stored here and restart it all over again.

Some would call it OCD....
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 28-12-2011 at 14:38.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    As a relative new comer to the site and the forum I stumbled on it as a resource for completing a personal challenge to have a pint in every pub in the Greater Bristol area with a friend, an ongoing challenge which has seen both focus and neglect over the last decade and beyond.

. The quest is coming to a conculsion now and after discovering the site am considering the blog/legacy to now be stored here and restart it all over again.

I think I would call it a job well done

I've never been quite sure whether I was barred from BitE or no. I had a bit of a spat with Chris, and from then on my forum posts simply vanished so I took the hint and migrated, a course of action I've never regretted. Thanks Chris............
    Anybody got any idea why I can't put any emoticans on me posts
    Last edited by runningdog; 28-12-2011 at 18:48.
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Quote Originally Posted by runningdog View Post
    Are you pressing 'reply with full editor'? (next to 'replt to thread')

Quote Originally Posted by runningdog View Post
    I've never been quite sure whether I was barred from BitE or no. I had a bit of a spat with Chris, and from then on my forum posts simply vanished so I took the hint and migrated, a course of action I've never regretted. Thanks Chris............
    Good to have you back with us rd..... I don't think you were banned. In the "final days" all the critical posts were being deleted swiftly. Some of mine went as well. All moot now of course; it's a bit like having a life ban from the Tabard in Southwark!

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    I think we're all quirky over here. If it's not OCD that drives us on then it's a strange theme running through dreams that Freud would class as basket cases.
    Waes hael!

I was banned by a short bloke for calling a can't a can't. I think he was a dart player as he was a right tosser!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

I had just moved to Corwen, Denbighshire in July (not the best place for ale!). As I searched around the internet for pubs, I came across PuG and noticed the pub 100 yards away was missing, so I added it and took a photo. It appeared the next day and I decided then that this is the pub site for me. The structure, updating, maps, photos and date and name accountability were far above any other beer site (It does exactly what it says on the tin!!). Only a matter of time before PuG is top of the Google hit list. Names like Boddingtons, Burtonwood and BITE live an past reputations for a while though long "past their best" and just a shadow of their former selves. PuG is (more than) Probably the Best Pub Site in the World!

I'll stay on me own

I used to look at different pubs sites, but never contributed to them as i had no clue how to do anything thing on the interweb.

When my son sorted me out i really enjoyed contributing to this site and once i got to go on the forum it was even better being able to ask Conrad or Dave to sort some problem out.
    More recently regular site users have been very helpfull in many ways which i think is really nice and i think makes this Pub site stick out from the rest.

I would like to ask one question from all the ex bite users, How do what i think seem pretty normal and decent pub reviewers get Banned from bite.

Imagine Conrad and Dave had no interest in this site other than for financial gain and they were employed by a company that was making more money from a gay match-making website. Suddenly Maldenman changing a pub's name becomes second fiddle to jeremy changing gender preference.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES