Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Expensive pint?

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    Our local old folks complex has an on site bar/function room you can get in if you know a resident , Guinness £1 40 on my last visit a few months ago
    £1.40?! Thats bloody bargain!

I suspect you live somewhere in Telford..
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    Now that is what I call retirement
    A lot of the residents are WW2 Vetrans from Poland , they do this mad pink vodka about 130%proof , which is why most of them appear to sit round with a mad grin on their faces

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    £1.40?! Thats bloody bargain!

I suspect you live somewhere in Telford..
    Dont mention the T word , i could do a 20 page rant on telford (doesnt deserve a capital t ) , i live in Trench a suburb of Oakengates which the council say is now part of telford , ask a local in Oakengates where telford is and they will point you to the south towards telford town centre (basically a retail park) and say that way where the brummies live , there is a lot of us and them round here as we have had about 70-80,000 people from the Black Country dumped on us .
    Rant over

oh i was born in St Georges (another Oakengates suburb) in 1965 , telford was officially named in 1968 so i dont come from there either

Need a pint after that

When I was in the job in Herefordshire back in the 70s we had a Polish Hostel that sometimes I would get called out to.These were the forgotten ones who for all sorts of reasons were still fighting WW2, private feuds and any mid european they could get their hands on.I knew a few Ukranians whose war record was abit different shall we say.Their history and hatreds were far more complicated than the good versus evil of my history lessons.All you could do was try to cool things down because they would never turn up at court. Sometimes one would see you in the pub and if they were sober you could get a fascinating account of WW2 for the price of a pint or two.. If they had drunk to much they always spoke in Polish, presumably but what the hell these blokes had seen and done things which would give me nightmares. Poles were never ones to pass up a rough house so my Dad said. But then he hated everyone.

Oggwyn at one time they were giving houses away to try and get people to move into the area. I think the original Telford Developement Watsit became bankrupt. To me it is still called by its time honoured town names. Follow the road signs to Telford is to attempt the actions of the Ooslem Bird.

....telford town centre (basically a retail park)
    Tried to get into Telford once, can't remember why except that it seemed a good idea at the time. All Mrs 'rd' and I could find were car parks. Now I know why...
    Blessings often come in disguise. Fed up, we drove away and found the 'Crown' at Munslow. Don't remember anything about the beer, 'cept said Mrs 'rd' had to drive back to the campsite, but the food...In my dreams remember every mouthfull.
    Apart from missing Telford and finding the 'Crown', that day had one other delight, watching an RAF 'Typhoon' ripping chunks of a 'Fighting Falcon' in a mock dogfight. Brilliant...... Per ardua ad astra an all that..........
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Quote Originally Posted by runningdog View Post
    Tried to get into Telford once, can't remember why except that it seemed a good idea at the time. All Mrs 'rd' and I could find were car parks. Now I know why...
    Blessings often come in disguise. Fed up, we drove away and found the 'Crown' at Munslow. Don't remember anything about the beer, 'cept said Mrs 'rd' had to drive back to the campsite, but the food...In my dreams remember every mouthfull.
    Apart from missing Telford and finding the 'Crown', that day had one other delight, watching an RAF 'Typhoon' ripping chunks of a 'Fighting Falcon' in a mock dogfight. Brilliant...... Per ardua ad astra an all that..........
    Bloody Hell !! Munslows miles away ! love it down there lots of scenery and good pubs , the Sun (next pub along from the Crown )is now a brewpub . The Clun Valley Beer Festival just down the road is fantastic , a free bus takes you to all the pubs in the Clun Valley , starting at The Kangeroo and ending at the Anchor , 7 pubs in all and the fantastic Engine and Tender is not far away

Bloody Hell !! Munslows miles away! ...ending at the Anchor , 7 pubs in all and the fantastic Engine and Tender is not far away
    We were camping at the 'Anchor', High Offley, so it was sort of on our way back. Have made a mental note of the 'Engine & Tender'..........
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post

Care to share the address of your social club?
    Sturdee Avenue, Social & Bowls Club
    Gillingham
    Kent

Quote Originally Posted by HTM69 View Post
    Sturdee Avenue, Social & Bowls Club
    Gillingham
    Kent
    *grabs coat and set off to Train*
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/