Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Expensive pint?

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    Not sure if it counts to nominate foreign pubs - but I was in the Cardinal in Stavanger a couple of weeks ago, and they were selling 33cl of Harveystoun "Ola Dubh" (40 aa) for - NOK 247.00 - that works out as £45.47 a pint! That's ridiculous even for Scandinavia where a pint of GK IPA (yes, really) will normally cost around £8.00 a pint.

Most expensive I've had in England was Leffe at £5.50 a pint in the de Vere Hotel in Southampton. Serves me right for drinking lager, I guess, but there was no proper beer on. Not that they'd serve me a pint, because it was "too strong", so I had to buy 2 halves and pour them into a pint glass myself.

I only learnt this last week on the Camra forum - it turns out Leffe is classed as a premium ale:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leffe

I had no idea! There was a bar next to the cinema in the centre of Nottingham that would only sell their cherry beer in halves, but wouldn't let you buy two and borrow a pint glass!

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by runningdog View Post
    It's that uniform wot duz it
    I'll just go and get me cold shower..........
    Conrad, can we have a Benny Hill smiley please? More in keeping whith Pervs Galore
    Last edited by Farway; 04-02-2010 at 09:42. Reason: ytpo

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    Conrad, can we have a Benny Hill smiley please? More in keeping whith Pervs Galore
    Not until after the league cup final when I hope to make some space for the smileys

Default Now thats expensive Beer

Below is a Copy of a article from the Scottish Sun

SCOTS drinkers could soon be getting blitzed on this potent German brew - believed to be the strongest beer in the world.
    Glasgow's WEST bar is the first boozer in the UK to stock Schorschbock - which has an eye-watering 40 per cent alcohol content.
    But anyone hoping to get tanked up on the super-strength tipple is in for a shock - it costs TEN QUID for a 25ml Glass.

That would be over £100 Pounds for a half Pint or £210 Pounds A Pint. At that Price It must be the dearest beer Per Pint of Beer in the world as well as the strongest.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Alesonly View Post
    SCOTS drinkers could soon be getting blitzed on this potent German brew - believed to be the strongest beer in the world.......Schorschbock - which has an eye-watering 40 per cent alcohol content.
    I think that's an experience I can live without..........Bring on the Beast...
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Quote Originally Posted by Alesonly View Post
    Below is a Copy of a article from the Scottish Sun

SCOTS drinkers could soon be getting blitzed on this potent German brew - believed to be the strongest beer in the world.
    Glasgow's WEST bar is the first boozer in the UK to stock Schorschbock - which has an eye-watering 40 per cent alcohol content.
    But anyone hoping to get tanked up on the super-strength tipple is in for a shock - it costs TEN QUID for a 25ml Glass.

That would be over £100 Pounds for a half Pint or £210 Pounds A Pint. At that Price It must be the dearest beer Per Pint of Beer in the world as well as the strongest.
    But has anyone actually tried it?

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post

Agree with the Guinness prices being hiked up as it’s not unusual to be charged £3.80 in town and Fullers seems to have it set at £3.60 at the moment although the flask in Hampstead is charging £3.80.
    You see, this is what turns my stomach - Guinness at my Social Club is only around £1.90!

Quote Originally Posted by HTM69 View Post
    You see, this is what turns my stomach - Guinness at my Social Club is only around £1.90!

Care to share the address of your social club?
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HTM69 View Post
    Our local old folks complex has an on site bar/function room you can get in if you know a resident , Guinness £1 40 on my last visit a few months ago

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    Our local old folks complex has an on site bar/function room you can get in if you know a resident , Guinness £1 40 on my last visit a few months ago
    Now that is what I call retirement