Ads not shown when logged in
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Most Expensive pint?

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    There's some mentioned earlier which beat this but I had a text from a friend, currently in Oslo, regarding bottled Bombardier at ... �9!
    Also in Norway, one of the pubs we use when we're in Stavanger is The Cardinal: this pub's beer list http://www.cardinal.no/Olliste/Olliste.html includes

OLA DUBH 40 Ã…R

at a staggering £43 a pint.

Due to a misunderstanding, one of my colleagues (from Darlington) thought that was the cost of the round for 6 people so was happy to get out his credit card. Imagine how amusing it was when realisation dawned...

Real Ale Drinker

Was in the Grapes in Oxford on saturday afternoon, recently taken over by Bath Ales, and noticed they had a strong IPA on keg. It was called something 69 (can't recall the full title but the 69 indicated the strength - 6.9%). I think it must be a beer they 'produce' (note I don't use the word brew for keg) themselves.
    An eye-watering £5.95 a pint !
    I think not.

Was in the Library in Islington (Highbury Corner end) last week, a keg only place so thought I'd try something different. Opted for a pint of Leffe Blonde. £5.30!

Called in here Cross Keys on Friday.

£3.95 for a pint of Magic Rock High Wire. It's not even in the city centre. Thieving sods.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

£5.50 for a pint of "craft" Thornbridge Jaipur IPA drunk here last month nearly had me choking on it.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

I am currently on the wagon, have been since early August. I popped in on a social visit to my new local, had half a diet cola, bloody £1.65 which is same price per pint as HSB

Last soft drink I buy in a pub, once off wagon it is HSB and bu66er the beer duty, George can have it rather than Fuller's rip off colas
    I drink to make others more interesting

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    I am currently on the wagon, have been since early August. I popped in on a social visit to my new local, had half a diet cola, bloody £1.65 which is same price per pint as HSB

Last soft drink I buy in a pub, once off wagon it is HSB and bu66er the beer duty, George can have it rather than Fuller's rip off colas
    It really makes my blood boil when they openly pour it from a 17p supermarket 2 litre saver bottle (well it was when Ray had it once) then charge the earth for it.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.