Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Expensive pint?

Default Most Expensive pint?

The Rake in Borough Market selling Norwegian Porter for £9 per pint!

I was told by in another forum..

I presume Borough Market is place in London.
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Real Ale Drinker

You must be joking,i drink in the west end time to time never had them prices,saying that who would pay that? crazy money

Quote Originally Posted by Tilly-Miss View Post
    You must be joking,i drink in the west end time to time never had them prices,saying that who would pay that? crazy money
    I remember when I holidayed in Malta ten years ago, Price of pint was 75p..

However in some African countries, they are selling pint for just 20p!
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Sadly the £4 pint has arrived in parts of London, notably in some Mayfair/Knightsbridge pubs. Generally though I'd expect to pay anything between £2.80 to £3.40 in town. Sam Smiths pubs and Spoons are cheaper of course.

London prices can vary, depending on the particular pub amd the area in general. I work in SW1 and whereas there are pubs that charge around £3.50 a pint, there are others which are a little more reasonable: The Plumbers Arms and Victoria were both serving ales at around the £2.50 mark, on a recent visit. Maldenman is spot-on regarding the 'Spoons prices of course - though I have noticed the cost of Guinness creeping up!

Quote Originally Posted by HTM69 View Post
    London prices can vary, depending on the particular pub amd the area in general. I work in SW1 and whereas there are pubs that charge around £3.50 a pint, there are others which are a little more reasonable: The Plumbers Arms and Victoria were both serving ales at around the £2.50 mark, on a recent visit. Maldenman is spot-on regarding the 'Spoons prices of course - though I have noticed the cost of Guinness creeping up!
    Guinness is really going up. Using the best price I can buy it in at, and going off the GP (%) calculator from last year (updated with this years VAT rate) it tells me I should be selling it at £3.85. Needless to say I'm not! Glad to say, all being well in the budget (we can dream) Real Ale should be staying at the £2.80 - £3 mark. Worthy of note, at £3 a pint 45p is VAT.

Sorry for the boring maths, but I'm sure you can understand I've been spending far too much time looking at a spreadsheet and swearing quietly to myself. I typed in a VAT of 20% (my personal prediction for it by the end of the year) and started crying...

Quote Originally Posted by HTM69 View Post
    £4.00 for a pint of Spitfire in ex-Mr Madge's Punch Bowl last summer. £4.00 for a pint of Rudgate Blonde in the snootier of the Marylebone Beehives last autumn. £3.85 for a pint of Shepherd Neame Late Red in the unexceptional Heeltap (a Davys, near London Bridge) last week.

£4 for a Deuchars at the Orange in Pimlico a few weeks ago (ie before VAT increase).

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Isn't the most expensive pint always where you're five pence short of being able to buy one?
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Real Ale Drinker

Can remember when we were in Turkey we were able to get a fosters for around 65p pint, last summer in Greece Corfu a little quiet bar was selling fosters 1 euro a pint,needless to say we were there around 9:30am and never left until nearly midnight, just want to be back there again for good times.