Ads not shown when logged in
Page 9 of 66 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Pub annoyances #834

As most of you know my mrs had problems but we did get to visit a lot more pubs, some as risky as those in Cradley ? Heath or a Turkish Social club in Germany ( they were perfect Gentlemen although we probably trampled over every social convention they had) No mention was made by either party on the Galitasery banner behind the bar.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Now we start getting into the angst of just going in a pub for a widdle. Even when it's mobbed out you still get that feeling that eveyone's staring at you and muttering 'he's only come in for a widdle.'
    I got royally b*llocked by the barmaid/owner of The Three Sugar Loaves for ducking in to use their loo. In my defence I had tried the public convenience that the council had kindly locked up for repairs . Most embarrassing, especially as I can see her perspective.

Another real annoyance (I find, anyway): is when the Sally Army comes in (into an establishment they claim to consider the portal to Hell) and starts rattling tins under your nose, then get stroppy when I point out that their God is the same one whose corporeal manifestation was clearly working on commission from the local vinyards (the Wedding at Cana and the Eucharist being two examples of alcohol promotion).

I'm quite happy to give over my small change to worthy charities, but I prefer to do it on my terms.
    Last edited by ETA; 15-02-2010 at 05:58.

"especially as I can see her perspective" Conrad

Now is this a private arrangement between you two ? Or if I am ever passing would I also be eligable ?

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    I got royally b*llocked by the barmaid/owner of The Three Sugar Loaves for ducking in to use their loo. In my defence I had tried the public convenience that the council had kindly locked up for repairs . Most embarrassing, especially as I can see her perspective.
    Round here our local council pays the pubs in rural villages for folk to use the pub loo when none exists in village, which is frequently the case, Rising Sun at Clanfield is an example

Tough luck if pub shut though, behind the bushes into the duck pond?

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

The smoking ban has thankfully eradicated this one, but it concerned those drinkers who once seated, decided that they didn't want ice/lemon etc in their drinks so they'd fish them out and dump the cubes or fruit in the ash tray. The resultant fag ash soup stank like hell and looked revolting.

You mean you were not supposed to drink it?.........Exit stage Left accompanied by loud retching noises.

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    Round here our local council pays the pubs in rural villages for folk to use the pub loo when none exists in village, which is frequently the case, Rising Sun at Clanfield is an example

Tough luck if pub shut though, behind the bushes into the duck pond?
    We were offered that - £450 a year to let anyone in. It gets busy enough at times with just the customers!

Daft thing is, if people ask, we never say no. It's the ones that just presume that for some reason irritate the proverbial

If we used pub toilets we always purchased something ie. coffee,soft drink or a beer.
    The mrs preffered using pub toilets because they were cleaner than public toilets so less risk of infection.
    Plus the pub would get its photo taken and a review on a pubsite.

Just like to say thank you to those licensees whose premises we used over the years and did not know the little drama being played out in our mad dash to the Ladies.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

real pet hate, if it hasnt been mentioned; getting real ales in a C*rling, Worth*ngton, or J*hn Smiths glass
    MILD: