Ads not shown when logged in
Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Pub annoyances #834

This Space For Hire

could be an annoyance but could have been avoided by me
    Went into a craft bar in the east end and walk down the length of the pub under the gaze of a barman
    him-can I help you sir
    me -not really going to the toilets .They are through that door aren't they.
    him -they are for customers and you should ask if you can use them.But go on.
    me -(pointing at the few tables occupied) what do they have to ask permission
    him -no
    me- so cause I am sitting outside drinking I have to ask permission.
    him -oops sorry sir.
    I knew as I walked up the bar what he was going to say but hey its nice to have a laugh sometimes
    Last edited by london calling; 22-02-2015 at 21:16. Reason: spelling

Thanks Moby and Bucking, you know it's good to get these aired!

#1006 Sales Reps - oh you have a new product, what is it? A melon flavoured sambuca beer called Bucamel? yeah sounds like a cough medicine. Oh thanks for the free sample. Oh it tastes worse than cough medicine. Right, it's from an old italian recipe, made in new zealand and bottled in sweden? Thanks, i'll take 3 cases. No, not really. Now get out.

#1007 Can I leave this behind the bar? - For Dave, No , not that Dave, the other Dave. Yes he'll be in to pick it up tommorrow. I'm sure you have loads of space, it's not like you have to store glassware and things behind there is it? and if he leaves it 3 months and you can't find it when he comes I won't be happy.

#1008 is a Wetherspoons-based rant from one of our local landlords:

"Thank you jd wetherspoons for opening at 8.30 and letting people get a pint with their breakfast. Thanks spoons for serving people cut price booze all day and only refusing to serve them when they are so pissed they can barely stand up and send them on their merry way home past my boozer. Where I refuse to serve them as they are quite clearly smashed out of their brains. And finally thank you for me being nice and letting them use the bog only to have to clear up after them when they shit themselves. Thanks Tim Martin. What a fantastic job your doing."

This was on Facebook, so a waggish regular swiftly followed up with this absolute zinger: "Maybe if you made your wife breakfast occasionally she wouldn't have to go to Wetherspoons."
    Last edited by Quinno; 27-02-2015 at 18:08.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    "Maybe if you made your wife breakfast occasionally she wouldn't have to go to Wetherspoons."
    Me like +1 and a thumbsup etc # and all other youth stuff.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

#1008 is a Wetherspoons-based rant from one of our local landlords:

"Thank you jd wetherspoons for opening at 8.30 and letting people get a pint with their breakfast. Thanks spoons for serving people cut price booze all day and only refusing to serve them when they are so pissed they can barely stand up and send them on their merry way home past my boozer. Where I refuse to serve them as they are quite clearly smashed out of their brains. And finally thank you for me being nice and letting them use the bog only to have to clear up after them when they shit themselves. Thanks Tim Martin. What a fantastic job your doing."
    Sort of reminds me of supposed response by M Thatcher when banks were whinging about building societies still opening at 9AM and still open after 3pm & on Saturday mornings. Banks of course wanted BS to be forced to work the bank hours banks chose to work, not forced to BTW

Response was the put down, "And when will you start opening at these hours?"
    I drink to make others more interesting

This was on Facebook, so a waggish regular swiftly followed up with this absolute zinger: "Maybe if you made your wife breakfast occasionally she wouldn't have to go to Wetherspoons."
    Very funny!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Don't know if this is aired previously, but pubs whose online 'gallery' consists solely of customers/staff from a Halloween party two years go or somesuchlike.
    Not a single informative shot of the pub, bar, pumps etc...

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Don't know if this is aired previously, but pubs whose online 'gallery' consists solely of customers/staff from a Halloween party two years go or somesuchlike.
    Not a single informative shot of the pub, bar, pumps etc...
    Like this....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-27-17-29-18.png 
Views:	253 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	1351

Exclamation marks as used in Amy's review...The Pear Tree

Harrumph.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    Exclamation marks as used in Amy's review...The Pear Tree

Harrumph.
    While you're at it, what about the doubled line spacing in the more recent review of the same pub from the unsteady one. Self-importance or what?
    Come On You Hatters!